Search This Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2015

NYX Eyebrow Gel, "Espresso", Review And Swatches

Eyebrows are very important, since they frame a person's face, and there are a ton of different eyebrow products out there that get the job done beautifully. NYX has come out with several different brow products lately, one of them being the NYX Eyebrow Gel, which completely intrigued me. So, what did I do? I ordered one, of course!

I purchased this in the shade, "Espresso" on Ulta's website for $6.99.  There is a total of five different colors that you can chose from, so check them out here!  NYX claims that this is a lightweight waterproof formula that will not smudge or wear off, while giving you natural looking brows. Every girls goal when it comes to our eyebrows, right?

Lets see if the NYX Eyebrow Gel is too good to be true!




NYX Eyebrow Gel, "Espresso"


NYX Eyebrow Gel, "Espresso"


NYX Eyebrow Gel, "Espresso"


NYX Eyebrow Gel, "Espresso"


NYX Eyebrow Gel, "Espresso"


NYX Eyebrow Gel, "Espresso"


NYX Eyebrow Gel, "Espresso"



What I love about the packaging of this product is that this is such a small tube, that it fits into the palm of my hand! This is perfect and easy to travel with as it will not take up any room in your makeup bag. I actually keep this in my everyday makeup bag since it is just the right size!




NYX Eyebrow Gel, "Espresso"


NYX Eyebrow Gel, "Espresso"


NYX Eyebrow Gel, "Espresso"

 

The cap screws on and back on very tightly, so you do not have to worry about the cap loosening up over time and the product squeezing itself out.

I like how the tip is thin and the hole of the tip is very tiny, because you are assured to get out just the right amount of product that you will need. And you will only need a very tiny, less than a pea sized amount of product for both of the brows. So, that tiny hole is the perfect size for the product inside the tube!




NYX Eyebrow Gel, "Espresso"


Now, in the above picture, I squeezed out waaaayyy too much product, so you can get an idea of how much product you will need.

NYX's Eyebrow Gel is thick, but lightweight, like a mouse and is very easy to work through the eyebrows. But, the thing is, while this is easy to work with, also beware that you need to use a very light hand when applying this product, because if using a heavy hand, even the smallest amount of product that you might use will look unnatural and drawn harshly on.



Too Faced Eyebrow Brush




Too Faced Eyebrow Brush



I use my Too Faced Angled Eyebrow Brush to apply this product, because it works perfectly when stroking the product lightly onto my eyebrows and gives me the desired look that I am wanting. The spoolie at the end of this brush also helps to brush out any harsh lines, helping to give a more natural appearance to the brows.




NYX Eyebrow Gel in, "Espresso"



With just that amount of product that I had squeezed out of the tube in one of the above pictures I was able to produce these awesome swatches for you to gawk at! Clearly, it is product overload, wouldn't you agree?

The NYX Eyebrow Gel sets relatively fast and once it sets, you can forget about blending it out, because it is not going anywhere! I have worn the NYX Eyebrow Gel on several occasions all day. One day I made a point of wearing this outside on a 90 degree day while my husband an I set up our giant pool, and I sweated buckets... I was happy to notice at the end of the day that my eyebrows still where there!

While the NYX Eyebrow Gel fills in the brows, it does not hold the hairs of the eyebrows in place. So, if you are like me and need that extra help in the brow department, make sure that you use a brow product that will shape and hold your eyebrow hairs into place.

I love the NYX Eyebrow Gel because this lasts all day long with no fading or smearing! You can count on this to stay on until you decide it is time to take it off! This is perfect for the summer time in the heat and in the pool!

Check this out for yourself, I know that your perfect shade is waiting for you!


Have A Wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment