Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor

I have a confession for you...      I know I have been absent from here lately and that is because I was so deathly ill (maybe a slight exaggeration) that I could not get up and out of bed. But, I am feeling better and thought that I would bring to you guys a long awaited review on Revlon's ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor; another product to add to my comparison reviews on long lasting color stains. This is what Revlon claims about this product:
"Advanced ColorStay formula with Softflex Technology provides 16 hours of comfortable color. No touch-ups needed after meals. Topcoat enriched with 99% moisture, chamomile and soy extract keeps lips comfortable and delivers the shiniest shine."
Now, I picked this color up in Infinite Apricot which is a gorgeous peachy color which came out almost like a bronzy peachy shade on my lips. I will confess to you all that I took before and after pics of me wearing this but that was before I got sick and then somehow they got deleted off of my camera, so you will just have to use your imagination or take my word for it this time. Sorry, guys!
What I noticed is that this feels very light on my lips, not drying at all, but more soft and moisturizing when the gloss is added over the top. 
I wore this all through out my day and it did not wear off or come off. It was beautiful! I never once looked at it and thought that I needed to reapply the color because it was holding on strong. I did reapply the gloss a few times to keep my lips moisturized since I cannot stand dry lips. 
But I feel that this product completely rises to my expectations and deserves and thumbs up. I feel that the Revlon ColorStay line is pretty hard to beat and when they say that the product will last, the product will definitely last until you take it off. 
Easy To Apply Applicator
Loving The Moisturizing Gloss
Pretty Bronzy-Peach Color!
Out of all of the lipstains that I reviewed, Revlon is going to have to take home the gold! It beat out Almay, which was my previous favorite and still brings home the silver. But, Revlon is so great that I went out and bought a second lipstain in the color Keep Blushing, a pretty pink!
Maybelline brings home the bronze with their lipstain, which was so-so in comparison with Revlon and Almay, and ELF's lipstain will go home with nothing but regrets. 
So if you're going somewhere that you do not want to have to keep worrying about reapplying your lipstick or having to constantly check to make sure your lipstick isn't sliding or smearing, check out what Revlon has to offer! I promise you will find a new pretty obsession just like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment