Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Does Almay Truly Lasting Color Really Last?

I have a confession to make, everybody...     I want a lip color to last me all day and as the day goes on to look fresh with out having to reapply the color. But, isn't that every girls dream, really? We don't have to worry about our lipstick rubbing off or fading as the hours pass us on by. So, that is the reason why I have been testing different brands of lip stains for the past few days and now it is Almay tlc's turn to see if it can pass the rigorous test and live up to it's claim:
"All day nourishing formula that loves your lips. Soft, shimmering color lasts for up to 12 hours, even through meals. Comfortable formula conditions lips with essential vitamins and anti-oxidants."
I picked up this product in the color Blossom, a very beautiful deep pinky-purple color that looks absolutely gorgeous! I applied this in the morning around ten in the morning and vowed not to reapply the lip color no matter what to find out if this color will stay put and stay in place. I wanted to see how it would wear through out the day. The only product I applied during the day was the gloss that comes with it when my lips needed a little more refreshing.
(Almay tlc Lip Color In Blossom)
(Notice There Is No Color Transfer On The Brush!)
(Gorgeousness!)
I waited the standard two minutes before applying the gloss and noticed that there was no color transfer onto the lipgloss brush. None, which is super impressive! 
(Applied at 10:00 a.m.)
I love how the color sits on my lips, very comfortably and smoothly, like I'm not wearing anything at all. As time went by my lips, surprisingly didn't feel dry one bit. I was falling fast for this lip color! Extra bonus, there was no color transfer that I noticed during the day!
So, I must say that when I got home later that day and took the final picture a little after eight p.m.,  I knew this product by Almay and I were going to have truly long lasting relationship from that moment. Sure, the color had faded in boldness somewhat, but the way that it wore on my lips was beautiful, it didn't feather; it looked pretty still! 
(At 8:00 p.m. The Color Looks
Different Because The Sun Was
Setting Outside, But It's Still Pretty!)
I picked my shade up at Big Lots for $2.00 but you can also buy it at your local drugstore for around $9.99. When I looked on the Walgreens website I only saw a limited number of shades that you can choose from, which I must say is a disappointment since there are so very many colors in the world to paint on our lips! The other colors are Brown Sugar, Petal, Sugarplum and Blush; neutral colors that everybody can choose from.
If I come across more of these in shades that I want to add to my collection I will definitely pick them because who doesn't want to add some everlasting prettiness to their lips?

No comments:

Post a Comment