Search This Blog

Friday, October 21, 2011

Get Runway Eyes Like A Haute Model From NYX Cosmetics!

I have a confession to make...   I have been wanting to write this post for a vey long time and I am just now getting round to doing it, what with everything going on in my life keeping me busy, I am finally doing it! 
I think that we can all tell how huge of a fan I am of NYX cosmetics and I absolutely love trying their products and sharing with all of you what I love, like and could live without. With that said, let's get this review underway! 
I know I have reviewed one or two other NYX eyeshadow palettes, but honestly, the NYX Haute Model palette from their Runway Collection was the first ever palette I purchased from the brand. I wanted to test out a few different shadow colors and figured a palette was the best way to go about doing that. 
I picked this palette because it had a vast variety of colors, not just neutrals or brights but a subtle mix of the two.
What immediately drew me to picking this palette was the bright turquoise blue and gorgeous greens. 

FYI: Silly me, I photographed this upside down,
but we are going to roll with it!

Pretty colors!


What I really love about these eyeshadows are the pigmentation and build-ability of the colors, with the exception of the pale pink shadow. Pinks are hard to like because they can be either transparent and barely there. The pink in this palette comes off as more white with a touch of pink hue that is hard to pick up on. 

Top Row (Upside Down)


I have to admit that not all the dark colors come off true to color. I wish that the purple applied true to color, like a dark plum purple, but it comes off as more of a dark grey. Same with the emerald green; I have seen more true to color emerald green eyeshadows and this one applies more as a dark brown on the skin and lids.

Bottom Row (Upside Down and backwards, still!)


I must say that the bottom row is more of a what-you-see-is-what-you-get eyeshadow row. I was surprised at how aqua the turquoise color really is and applies exactly as I would have hoped. I really like the second to last shadow, the bronze is very pretty.
My overall verdict is that these shadows are good, especially for the price. I got ten eyeshadows for $11.00. A steal, for sure! They are highly pigmented in color, definitely not sheer. And the packaging is slim and compact so you could definitely travel with this palette and it will not take up any room in your purse or travel case and that is a plus. 
The downfall, and this is a biggie for some people, and this is what kind of leaves me hesitant to use this palette often, is the tremendous fallout I get when applying these shadows. The consistency of these shadows are ver chalky and there are sparkles in the majority of the shadows, so the eyeshadow and sparkle will end up all over your face. 
You must take precautiouns when applying these shadows if you are going to use them. Tap off your brush before applying and for extra caution, apply a layer of lose powder (any kind will do, cheaper the better) right underneath the eyes to catch the fall out so that you can sweep away the powder along with the excess fallout after you are done making up your eyes.
I think that these are fun colors to add to your collection and you can make a pretty smokey eye with these dark colors, but you will need to incorporate some softer matte colors into the look for a balanced eye look.
This is a fun palette and if wearing these shadows helps make you feel like a runway supermodel, more power to you! That's what makeup is all about, making us feel confidant and pretty while having fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment