Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Wonderful Wax Warmers To Warm Your Senses

I have a confession to make...   I am sitting in the comfort and coziness of my home right at this moment wrapped in my Snuzzle (yes, I said Snuzzle, a knock off of the Snuggie) enjoying the warmth and relaxation of a Spiced Pumpkin Pie. Not of the dessert variety ( I wish!) but of the candle variety.
My hubby and I went to Walmart last night and I am the type who cannot pass by the candle section of a store, especially when the store has an entire isle top to bottom full of candles! I had heard good things about the Better Homes And Gardens Scented Wax Warmers and wanted to give them a whirl and see if they are as fragrant as people say they really are.




I was impressed with the selection of Wax Warmers that they had on hand and I chose a rusty red colored one to go with the decor of my living room. That was not the hard choice, I admit. The hard choice was trying to figure out which two scented wax cube packs that I wanted to try. Of course, the hubby says he doesn't care, so I had to go it alone on this one!
There was TONS of scents to chose from: from the fruity to the fresh to the sweet and to the citrus. I love the smell of sweets and also pumpkin, so needless to say, I picked the Spiced Pumpkin Pie and also the Butterscotch Maple Cream. YUMMY YUM YUM! 
We burned the Butterscotch Maple Cream last night and after ten minutes of burning, the scent was thick through the air, it was amazing!
And the great thing about these cubes is that even though they melt, when you turn off the warmer and are left with this puddle of melted scented wax, all you do is take the top plate off of the warmer and pour the melted wax back into the pack were it came from and leave the lid open over night and the next morning it has hardened back into a cube! So, you can re-use and re-use! But, it does say that the fragrance cubes can become depleted of fragrance after reusing so many times, but when that happens, discard it and move on to the next cube!

EXAMPLE in the back of box what to do with the melted wax! EASY!

Spiced Pumpkin Pie Fragrance Cube
I just manipulate the packaging so that one cube will break apart from its space and I can slide it out easily. I am sure that using a kitchen knife would work just as well, if not easier.

The top lid goes on top of the vase
See how the cube is so cute, waiting to be melted! Just put the lid on top of the vase and plug it in. The lightbulb inside will heat the wax and in just minutes the fragrance cube will start to melt and make your whole house smell yummy!

After twenty minutes

Doesn't it look like a little pat of butter!
It melt so nicely and even after you turn off the warmer, your home will still smell great for a long while after! 
Honestly, these are way better than any candles that I have ever bought. Not saying that I will never buy a candle again, because I think that candles bring another level of romance and warmth to your home, but if you want lasting fragrance, pick up one of these Wax Warmers. I got mine at Walmart for $15.00, which in my opinion is cheap and worth while. The wax fragrance cubes are only $2.00 a package and will last you a very long time. So, the most expensive thing to buy is the warmer, but even then, it is not that bad a price at all and totally worth it!
Its that time of year when candles are just yearning to be burned.The leaves are falling and cooler weather is setting in. Who doesn't want to sit in a homey house reading a book and relaxing as they smell their favorite fall like scent drifting aromatically through the air? 
Count me in! Next package I want to pick up is Cupcake!

No comments:

Post a Comment