Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

I Love NYC's Park Avenue!

I have a confession to make...    my favorite city in the whole wide world, hands down, is New York City. This is where eclectic diversity and passion for life and art and history can be found. The buildings you will see there are full of the past and have amazing stories to tell. They are massive and ornate, the kind of architechure and detail that we do not see being created in our modern day. Because I love NYC so very much (I have been there twice, but it's still not enough!) I am a sucker for buying anything that proclaims a love for this famous city, it brings back memories and is so very nostalgic...


Well, everybody knows the brand from the drugstore called NYC...Well, it is not my favorite brand out there, I will confess. I think their blushes and lipsticks are decent but that is about it.When it comes to nail polish, I can be very picky about the brand because I want affordable polish that will last and not chip the same day I apply it. So, when Rite Aid had a 40% off NYC sale, I thought that I would try out one of their polishes to see if it was any good. 


I believe this polish is less that $2.00 at your local drugstore.
But prices do vary and look for a good deal!
This is from their In A New York Minute Quick Dry formula in the shade, "Park Avenue". This is a gorgeous taupe-grey color and the shade in the bottle is what you get on your nails. As for the drying time, it does dry quickly and is opaque with two coats. Now, this polish does chip easily, which is a huge bummer. The day after I had polished my nails is when I noticed it was not holding up well. But, I applied a top coat on the nail polish for protection the second time I used this polish, and I found that it did extend the life of the wear by a few days.


Overall, for a drugstore nail polish, it is not as bad as I thought. I have seen worse nail polishes from certain drugstore brands that chip fiercely (Wet 'n' Wild) and others that nicely last for days (Sally Hansen). Will I repurchase this brand of nail polish? Now that I know how to work with it, I will definitely be trying out another bottle to truly see if this could be a new favorite drugstore brand!

No comments:

Post a Comment