Search This Blog

Monday, May 25, 2015

The Lip Bar Lipstick, "Purple Rain" Review And Swatches

I always get excited over lip products, so when I received a lipstick from The Lip Bar in my May Boxycharm Box, I was so thrilled! I was sent the color, "Purple Rain", which is a beautiful neon-violet-lavender color, and also a shade that is completely out of my comfort zone! 

What I appreciate about this brand is that they use healthy natural ingredients, such as shea butter and avocado oil, just to name a few. The brand is definitely geared more toward vibrant lip colors, with a few neutral colors thrown in there. Check out their lip bar menu here where you can find the color, "Purple Rain" that I am reviewing today. Their lip products retail for $20.00 each.

So, lets check this out!




The Lip Bar


The Lip Bar



First, please let us talk about the presentation and packaging of this product! It comes nestled in this velvet lipstick bag, that definitely scream luxury! This is not a flimsy velvet pouch, either. This is the kind that will stand the test of time and you can reuse in the future. I had already thought that it would be ideal to use when traveling to keep my studded earrings protected. 





The Lip Bar


The Lip Bar, "Purple Rain"


The Lip Bar


The Lip Bar



I love the look of this lipstick, because it is encased in this beautiful design that makes me want to just set it out on my vanity and admire it. The design is made of plastic material and feels sturdy to withstand being knocked around. But, truly, who would do that to a twenty dollar lipstick as pretty as this is?

Everything about the presentation of this lipstick is just down right cute and glamorous! I especially love the lip print on the packaging, it adds an adorable touch to this product. Even the scroll of the letters in the name of the company is a special touch, it looks stylish to me! 

The lipstick twists easily up and it twists all the way back down into the tube so there is no top sticking up. You won't have to worry about nicking the lipstick when putting the cap back on. Oh, AND the top clicks shut securely, so no worrying about it jiggling lose and damaging your product.





The Lip Bar, "Purple Rain"



The Lip Bar, "Purple Rain"



The Lip Bar, "Purple Rain"



The Lip Bar, "Purple Rain"



The Lip Bar, "Purple Rain"



Just look at how absolutely beautiful "Purple Rain" is and how vibrant this shade is! This reminds me of a fun summer day and would look absolutely beautiful on all skin tones, in my modest opinion. 

There is no scent whatsoever to this product, so you will be happy to know that anyone can wear this without having to worry about it overpowering your senses. 

The formula is a dream, it is so creamy and saturated with color that it seriously will knock your socks off! The ingredients that The Lip Bar lipstick contains moisturized my lips throughout the three hours that I wore it. It was so comfortable to wear, that I was a little disappointed that purple isn't exactly a color I am confidant in wearing on my lips... Although, initially my husband laughed at me when I put it on, but did end up saying, "Actually, that looks good on you." YAY! 




The Lip Bar, "Purple Rain"


Isn't The Lip Bar's "Purple Rain" an absolutely fun color?! Even though it is out of my comfort zone, it honestly is a wearable bue-toned lavender. I am seriously going to find someway to wear this with confidence along with a destination that is fitting for a vibrant purple such as this. 

Tell me, are you confidant to wear shades such as this?


Have A Wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment