Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Impressions Of Loreal's "Fairest Nude" Lipstick

I have a confession to make...     I have always loved a nice pop of color on people's lips, not just mine. There is something bold and daring when someone has the confidence to strut around with radiant red lips and a punch of pink on their pout. But, I was noticing that a lot of beauty gurus on YouTube have raved about Loreal's "Fairest Nude" lipstick for ages (apparently this is a cult classic in the beauty world, so I am far behind times).


Even though I am not much of a 'nude' kind of girl, if you will, I was intrigued by the raving of this lipstick. Even when seeing it on the girls in he videos, it looked natural and pretty. I thought that for a toned down look I might want to have that lipstick around in my collection. So, I trotted down to my local Target and picked this baby up.


First impression, not impressed. On my skin tone, it made me looked washed out. It came off as almost a grey toned nude color. On me, it did not look as great as it did on the other girls I saw wearing it. It pretty much blended in with my skin tone, which I thought was kind of weird.


I will say this about Loreal lipsticks (this was my first!), they apply very creamy and effortlessly. And for a nude color, it did come off very opaque (even though it blended in with my skin tone). I would definitely try another color from this brand because I adore the creaminess and feel of this lipstick.

Fairest Nude


I was definitely bummed out because I wanted to like this lipstick soooo much, you have no idea! So, a few days later I decided to give it another go, but this time with a touch of gloss on top because I felt like on its own, it made me look a little DEAD.


So, I too out my sample sized Urban Decay Lip Junkie gloss in "Wallflower" and applied it over the top of "Fairest Nude" and oh boy! It was a whole different story! Let me just say that I was in love!


Best Lip Combo Ever: Fairest Nude with Wallflower!
I know that the lighting in both pictures is different, but my opinion remains the same! With this nude lip combination, it made my lips look more of a light creamy pink color, no shimmer and no glitter. Just a opaque milky pink. When I wore this, my hubby told me that my lips looked very inviting (TMI). And ever since that day, this has been my go-to hue lip color combo that I have worn when I don't want overly dramatic lips. Just very sexy and sumptuous lips! 


Everyone has their own perfect nude shade and lip combo, and it may not be this one. But, for now, I have found a nude lip color that I can definitely reapply over and over again! Who would have thought that I would ever 'go nude'? hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment