Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Ofra Cosmetics Eyeliner In Black Review

Eyeliners, especially black ones, are always a beauty product that I need to keep on hand. I use a black or brown eyeliner every single day and am running low on my favorite black liners lately. Thus, I was extremely happy to see a black eyeliner from Ofra cosmetics in my BoxyCharm last month!

This retails for $13.00 here on Ofra Cosmetics website where you can find these eyeliners in twelve different colors. They claim that the liner is water resistant and is made for long lasting wear. 

Let's check this out!





Ofra Cosmetics Black Eyeliner


Ofra Cosmetics Black Eyeliner


Ofra Cosmetics Black Eyeliner






At first glance, this reminded me of a drugstore eyeliner, like the kind that Wet N Wild makes. There is no appeal to the appearance of this eyeliner pencil, because it honestly looks cheap. I was not impressed that for $13.00, I still had to self sharpen the eyeliner, so I really hoped that the product itself would not be dry and tug on my lash line.






Ofra Cosmetics Black Eyeliner





The formula is mediocre, because while it doesn't have a dry feel to it, it also is not creamy. When applying this on my lash line, there is a bit of tugging, but I have to keep in mind that I have tried other eye liners (E.L.F eyeliners!) that have been horrible! So, this is not exactly an outstanding formula, needless to say.






Ofra Cosmetics Black Eyeliner





After I had swatched the liner, I waited a few minutes to see if it would set, so I gave it a light smudge test and lightly rubbed my fingers over the swatches. As you can see from the picture above, this smudged horribly... 

When wearing this a few days, this transferred on the bottom lash line and made me look like a raccoon with black streak under my eyes! Same for the top lash line; the liner transferred to the top of my lids as the day went on and I would look up and around, as eyes tend to do! 

What a disappointment! For $13.00 this should have performed flawlessly, because there is a lot of stiff competition out there for high end eyeliners that are around the same price point as this one.

Do yourself a favor and pass on Ofra Cosmetics eyeliners, because they will only fail where others have succeeded.



Have A Wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment