Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Pretty Collective Haul

I have a confession to make...    I went out last weekend and spent some money when I swore I did not need anything and was going to rein myself in from giving into the hype of all the great new beauty products on the market right now. But, I had a moment of weakness...


Thankfully, I only came back with a small collection of beauty things, because, believe me there was a lot more out there that I wanted to get my hands on. So, let's start with what I purchased!

Just a small haul!
First of all I ended up in Target for something totally unrelated to beauty (we were buying my hubby new shirts!) and I just had to make my way over to the beauty department. Thankfully I did because they had a ton of clearance stickers on a bunch of beauty bands.


I first picked up two lip products from Revlon, my favorite drugstore lippies! I decided to try for the first time their ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in the color, "Platinum Petal", which is a pretty rosy pink color. I purchased this for $4.48 and it is normal $8.99. Yea!


Revlon claims that this is a one-step lipstick that is food-proof and will last up to 24 hours. In a future blog post I am going to show you guys the results that I come up with when testing that theory! So, stay tuned for pictures and details soon!


Next, I picked up another Revlon Colorburst lipgloss in the color, "Gold Dust". It is a beautiful muted peachy color with tones of gold sparkling through it. This is an amazing color!

Revlon Colorburst lipgloss

"Gold Dust"




And I only got it for around $4.00. I took the clearance sticker off, so I cannot tell you the exact numbers. But, this normally retails for $6.49. I am not attracted to this color but for the price I thought I would try it out and I am happy I did!


Next I purchased a lipgloss from Maybelline, a brand that I do not gravitate towards. But, I saw that they had a few lip glosses on clearance so I decided to try one and see how I liked it. It is from their ColorSensational line and the color is called, "Cranberry Cocktail." It is a very wearable red that can be sheered out or built up.


Maybelline ColorSensational in "Cranberry Cocktail".

"Cranberry Cocktail"

It has a nice feel on the lips and isn't sticky, so this product will have to be reapplied regularly. It has an extremely subtle fruity scent to it that reminds me of fruity gum. But, it is barely noticeable and goes away quickly. Overall, this is a nice gloss, not as opaque as you would think.


Than I took a look at what Physicians Formula had on clearance and, low and behold, they had their Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel Cream Eyeliners. Even though I have brown eyes, I got the package made for blue eyes because I thought that the colors looked a lot more fun. 


It comes with a blue, brown and black+blue shimmer liners that are very pretty. I am not going to go into much detail about them because I have a review on them coming up, so don't miss out on that one either!

Physicians Formula Gel Cream Eyeliners for Blue Eyes
This normally retails for $9.64 and I was able to get this on clearance for $4.82. What a steal!


Than later I found myself at Shopco and I saw the Maybelline Color Tattoo's there for about $6.00. I was debating weather or not to buy these, but I heard so much good things about them that I had to try out just one for now. If I like this one enough than I will definitely buy more.


"Tough As Taupe"




I bought this in the color, "Tough As Taupe" and am really liking the dark grey color. I am testing the longevity and the wear of this produce today so very soon you will see what my opinions of this are. 


That is all I have to show for this little haul of mine, but I feel that there is so much to talk about when it comes to these products, so check back in the next day or two to find out what I think about these as I wear them and test them out! 


Until the next Pretty Confession, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment