Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Gel Creamliners!

I have a confession to make...    not too long ago, I ditched my love of pencil eyeliners. Now, don't get me wrong, I still like them and I still use them for the lower lash line and sometimes when I am in a hurry to slap on some makeup and get out the door, I will use pencil liners. But, for that pretty and precise line for the lid, my go-to choice is gel or cream eyeliners. 


To me, they are much smoother and they give more definition, and for the days when you want some extra glamour, they will deliver on that, too!


I came across the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel Creamliner (WOW is that a mouthful!) and it was on sale for $4.82 and I had always been curious about them and heard good reviews on them. So, I figured, why not test it out? For a few bucks I got three colors, two of which I did not have in gel form.

I purchased this in the shade for blue eyes,
even though my eyes are brown!


I know it is cool that the pots stack one on top of the other and it probably does save on room, but what I dislike is that the lids do not fit back on properly. Gel liners are known for drying out quickly and so it is important to screw the lid back on tightly. There is only a tiny amount of product in each pot, less than you expect from the big packaging, but if these dry quick, at least you had used up most of the product by then, hopefully...But, these do come apart and you can travel with just the color you need and not have to worry about taking the whole stack with you.


The brush is a nice brush and does it job nicely. The bristles are soft and flexible so using this to line the lash line is brilliant. Plus, it fits in your hand easily since it is not big, nor is it too small.

Brown


The brown shade is beautiful looking with flecks of gold in the product. Alas, when worn on my lash line, this brown is not as pigmented as it is when it is swatched. It comes off as a very light copper brown and the golden flecks are lost on my own lids. But, when you want that natural look with no harsh and heavy line, this would be nice. I just expected more of a precise and darker brown.


Black


This black is very pigmented and has flecks of dark blue glitter in it. Do not worry, because the glitter is not chunky nor is it noticeable; it is only noticeable if focusing straight on at it as it is very subtle, since this is a shimmer liner. From looking at the picture above, you would not be able to tell that this has blue flecks in it. Only when you dip your brush inside will you be surprised. This will give a clean and cut line and is easily winged out with definition. 

Blue


This blue is gorgeous! It is a very dark blue, I would almost say it is a navy/purple with blue shimmer running through it. Just like the black liner, this one is easy and precise when applying, it will not disappoint you! The shimmer on this one, at least to my eyes, is not noticeable unless stared at for some weird reason (really, who out there stares at our eyeliner?). But, I love this!


This is what Physicians Formula claims about this product:

" *Three custom shades provide a glamorous look to define and enhance your eye color.
   * Unique gel cream formula glides on effortlessly and smoothly while providing the definition of a liquid eyeliner.
   * Long wearing, water-resistant and smudge-resistant formula provides 24-Hour definition.
   * Includes Pro-Eyeliner Brush for effortless and precise application.
   * Stackable eyeliner pots can be pulled apart for individual use on-the-go. "

The application of these products is extremely smooth and soft. For the brown liner, I think that it is a little too soft as the product skips and does not give a pigmented fluid line. So, it takes two applications or so to get the color neat on the lids. 


When they claim that these liners are long wearing, water-resistant and smudge-resistant, they are right on! I wore these on my lids with nothing else, no primer, no shadow, nothing, and they did not move at all nor did they transfer. These are amazing for all day wear because you will not have to worry about it moving.

From Left To Right: Brown, Blue and Black

A Few Minutes After I Swatched, I Tried Smudging!


You can see from the swatches above just how smudge proof they are. The black did move slightly, but when worn, do not fear, this will stay where you apply it. 


I highly recommend that you purchase these liners because they are easy to travel with and as you go about your day, you will not worry about your liner smearing or running down your face, depending on your activities!


Pretty Confessions of the positive are always fun to confess!

No comments:

Post a Comment