Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Revlon's ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

I have a confession to make...    I love Revlon lip products and when I saw that a few of the shades of their liquid lipsticks where on clearance a few weeks ago, I just had to pick one up to see if it was going to be worth me loving enough to pay full price for.


So, I got this in the color "Platinum Petal", a rosy-pink color that looks very beautiful. I am here to let you know what my first impressions of this lippie is.


I like the doe-foot applicator that it comes with, it makes applying the product very easy.

Doe-foot applicator for easy application

Pretty rosy-pink satin color


To be honest, there is a slightly weird smell to this product that I cannot describe. But, I think that most all long-wearing lip products have that certain smell, so it must be a faint chemical-ish (but not really, if that makes sense) smell. But once it is dry on your lips you will not smell a thing!


This is what Revlon claims this product will do for you:

" *Food-proof lip color with a built-in ultra conditioning coat
   *One-step application. No topcoat required for comfortable wear
   *Stays comfortable and wears beautifully
   *Does not feather or fade; no touch-ups required, even after meals "
   
So, I decided to test this theory out and put it through the rigors!


I applied this at 9:00 in the morning, right before I began my workout routine. But, before I applied this I made sure to exfoliate my lips to get rid of any dead skin so that the lipstick would dry nicely once applied. 


Than I applied this once on my lips;  according to directions, one layer is all you need for full coverage. While I waited for it to dry I smiled so that the product would not settle into the lines on my lips and cause them to sand out (a tip I learned on YouTube). 


After waiting two minutes after applying the lipstick, it was dry and I thought that I would do a simple test and kiss a piece of paper to see if there would be any transfer. And, yes there was, as you can clearly see a pink outline of my lips! So, wait longer than two minutes for it it be completely dried, which in my opinion, is too long!

First Application



As I went about my day, eating, drinking, working out, etc...I did not notice any transfer at all! I was pleasantly amazed by that. But, what I did notice was that my lips definitely felt dry and uncomfortable, just like the majority of long-wearing lip products I have tried out. I had to fight the urge to put some chapstick on, just so I could stay true to this products claims that you do not need a top coat since it is supposed to me moisturizing!


 I wore the lipstick until I got ready to wash my face for bed that night, which was around 8:00 p.m. I noticed that the lipstick did fade in color a little bit, and looked very dry on my lips. Despite the dry feeling/appearance, the color didn't look that bad, even after minimal fading!


After all day wear




The down side is that it does look dry and it is irritating to wear products that dry out the lips. I must say, that I will not be re-purchasing this product because of that fact and because it brings out the lines in my lips more than I care.


Long-wearing lipsticks are easy to come by, but a good one is hard to find!



No comments:

Post a Comment