Search This Blog

Monday, February 6, 2012

Maybelline ColorStay Tattoo Review

I have a confession to make...    and it centers around the new Maybelline Eye Studio 24 Hr Cream Gel Shadows that came out early last month. Apparently they are like MAC's Paint Pots, but even better. I have two Paint Pots, "Painterly" and "Indian Wood".  I have never fallen in love with them because they crease like crazy on my oily eyelids, alone and when used as a base. So, when I heard that Maybelline came out with an even better version, I thought that for $6.00 it is worth a try.


I purchased this in the color, "Tough As Taupe", at Shopco for $5.99. The color is such a gorgeous matte dark grey color, extremely unique in cream shadow.










This dried relitively quickly when I swatched it on my hand and once it dried, it did not budge, so that was a pleasant surprise for me! 


Maybelline says that this product was created using an ink technology (must be how they get such vibrant pigmented colors!) that creates 24HR wear shadow for intense long lasting color saturation. It is a cream formula that does not crease and keeps its vibrant color and will not fade. It is safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens.


So, I decided to give this a whirl and test this theory out for myself. 


I applied Tough As Taupe to my lids using a shadow brush. I used no eyeshadow primer, so this was going to be the real test, to see how creaseproof this was going to be on me.


10:30 a.m.

10:30 a.m.


I noticed that this does apply smoothly and quickly dried to my lids, but still was able to blend the edges out. It felt nice and light on my lids and was happy with the results of application. 


Through out the day I would check in the mirror and was pleased that there was no creasing. I would even touch my lid to see if my oils where breaking though and the product was still holding fast and dry.


I decided to wear this product for twelve hours and see how it would hold up. Here is what my eyes looked like at the end of the experiment:

10:30 p.m.

10:30 p.m.


As you can see, there was some fading and some obvious creasing; so for my extremely oily lids, it did not last for twelve hours completely. Yet, I normally do not wear makeup for twelve hours so for a "normal" day, this product would last about seven or eight hours on my lids with no dramatic creasing and fading. 


Mac Paint Pots are no good on my lids because they crease within three-four hours, no matter how little I apply. The Color Tattoos last much longer, so overall, I am satisfied with this product!


What is great is that the Color Tattoos come in vibrant colors as well as a few more muted colors and they are very affordable! I would definitely purchase this again and use it on its own as a sweep of color on my lids. 


Drugstore products are amazing me more and more each day! long lasting tattoos for our eyes? What will they come up with next? Whatever it is, I cannot wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment