Search This Blog

Friday, March 22, 2013

Impression Confession: Maybelline's MasterShape Eyebrow Pencil

I have a confession to make...       Not all things are as pretty as they seem... Long story short, I was on the hunt at Target first and than Walmart to find my beloved Maybelline Define-A-Brow pencil. In both stores my color was gone, along with an array of other shades, which goes to show you how awesome that pencil is. So, I decided to try out a different one from the same brand and give it a go. 

At Walmart the MasterShape Brow pencil cost me around $6.64, about a dollar less than my pencil of choice. I figured since it was a little more in cost it must be great! 


Firstly, what I love about this pencil is the great spoolie-brush they have to comb through your brows. It is dense enough to make a difference and pull the product through the hairs. Much better than the plastic-no-good comb that accompanies the packaging of the Define-A- Brow. 



The product itself took me by surprise! I was expecting a drier pencil, but it is a soft wax pencil that glides onto the brows! Just make sure you apply this with a light hand and light strokes and always use the brush to brush the product through your brows. The wax formula tames them nicely and the staying power is phenomenal!

Now onto the very bad~ Well, as much as I love the product and the formula, there is one major detail that I despise about this pencil that completely turns me off from wanting to repurchase this, despite how awesome it preforms...and that would be the fact that it is horrible to sharpen! 

At first I was majorly confused when the tip got dull. I was thinking I had to twist the end to get more product out, but no... Than I had a heart attack and thought that was the end of its use, because as you can see in the picture above the whole pencil is nothing but plastic, not a typical eyeliner that you sharpen. 

So, I took my Loreal eyeliner sharpener and went to town trying to sharpen this crazy piece of plastic packaging and it took some grimacing but I did it. Hey, even the maybelline website said to use this with a sharpener, so that answers my question. The only down side is that it leaves you with a jagged edge, which is a fail. Really, have you ever in your life had to sharpen a piece of plastic?!?!


I am at a loss, because I do not understand why they could not have made this twist out like the Define-A-Brow...It would make me want to repurchase this again because it has the wax and the color in one handy dandy pencil. If they get this problem fixed than this would be a brilliant product that I would not hesitate to repurchase. As of now, once this is used up and done, I am going to be on the search for my Define-A-Brow!

Trust me, if you skip it, you won't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment