Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Impression Confessions: Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss

I have a Confession to make....         and it is one that is looooong overdue, and you probably realize that by now. But, I have been a long time fan of Revlon lip products and in particular their Colorburst lipgloss line that come in the tall squared tubes. I have forever been meaning to write a review about these, but I know everyone and their mother has tried these. So, this is just my impressions I would like to share with you.




I first started with the color Papaya, which is a beautiful coral-orange color. I adore this color in the summer time especially, but I wear it all year round, because I am a rebel like that ;) It is not completely shimmer proof, for I do notice a tiny bit of TINY shimmer particles in there, but nothing noticeable. I think it just adds to the shine-factor.

Than I purchased the color Orchid, because I found it on clearance at Target a few months ago and was drawn to the soft purple-pinkish color. This is a very flattering shade, even with the extremely fine shimmer it has. There are no chunks of glitter, thankfully. It only makes your lips shine even more.

The next color I have is called Bordeaux, which a few month ago I searched for a few times and every time it was sold out. I think it was because it was a highly talked about color on YouTube for awhile. When I finally found it in stalk I grabbed one and it was 40% off at my local Rite Aide, so YEA! This is a gorgeous deep berry color with extra fine shimmer particles to it as well. 


Left to Right: Bordeaux, Orchid, Papaya

No glitter, only shimmer!




The applicator is a lovely rounded sponge tip that is flat on both sides, which I happen to like, making for smooth application. It helps when applying the gloss to the edges of the lip.

For those sensitive to smell, these have no scent at all! Amazing, isn't it? So, you can wear these and your nose won't pucker in revulsion. Me, personally, I do not mind a scent as long as it doesn't have a heavy floral smell like some lipsticks I have tried. GAG!

Wear time on these is typical for a lipgloss. Talking and eating and drinking will wear off the color and shine, but these never promised long wear. So, be prepared to apply throughout the day as needed. I don't mind that myself. 

The formulation is so very creamy and pleasant. In no way is it sticky, even after immediate application. I never notice it feeling dry or tacky after having worn it for a few hours. It is an easy experience wearing this gloss.

You no doubt own a drawer full of these lovely lippies, and I envy you. I cannot wait to get my hands on more of these. After all, these are my favorite lipgloss from the drugstore, hands down! 


No comments:

Post a Comment