Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wet n Wild "Club Havana" Nail Polish

I have a confession to make...       I despise Wet n Wild nail polish in general, at least in the past. The Shine Nail formula would always chip on my nails and toes the very next day, it was a pain! I tried a few since they were priced at 99 cents but threw them all away a few years ago because I never wore them. They were a waste of my time.

Yet, I had heard from a few people, well, actually a lot of people, that they love the Mega Last nail polish line from Wet n Wild and that they highly recommend it, especially since it is only $1.99, at least at Rite Aid. Despite my inner voice telling me not to do it, I defied it and picked out the color "Club Havana" since it stood out to me as an unusual color that I did not already have.



In the bottle it looks like a pretty creamy melon color, but when applied with two coats, as seen in the picture above, it is a slightly bright pumpkin orange color. Not the color I was expecting, but very pretty for summer when my skin gets a little more sun!

I applied two coats, but highly suggest three, otherwise it is streaky and uneven. True opacity shows up with three coats and looks much better.



The brush is something people have raved about and I am not sure I agree with them on this. The brush is wider than a typical Sally Hansen nail polish brush. Wet n Wild calls it a ManiCurve Pro Brush, and I will say it sweeps nicely over the nails. BUT I find it a little too big for my nails personally. I don't think I have small narrow nails, but for some reason this brush seems too big so I have to be extra careful! But, if you want to save time on application, this brush will cover more surface area, just take your time to apply!

The wear time on these is waaay better than the Shine Nail line they have and I prefer this formula over the other any day. After about three days I did notice some chipping, so to me it performed wonderfully! 

Even though I am not a fan of the huge brush it has, I still am curious to test out some other colors and see how they perform before I fall in love with this line of nail polish. 

Glad I tried this! How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment