Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Impression Confession: Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm In Elusive

I have a confession to make...       Okay, so I have been suckered into trying the new Relvon Matte Balm sticks that have been out on the market as of recently. I told myself that I had enough lip products to last me a lifetime and a half, but after watching and reading reviews, I had to get my hands on at least one to test for myself...





I purchased mine at Walmart for around $6.50, in the color "Elusive", a very pretty true pink.






Just as all the other Revlon balm sticks, if you will, the packaging is exactly the same, so no need to get into that since we are all familiar with it already. 

I love how this matte lipstick is not drying on my lips, not making it uncomfortable to wear like many matte lipsticks. The packaging does refer to this product as a matte balm, so of course I would expect it to be somewhat moisturizing. It does give off a matte look, if you will, but with a sheen, if that makes sense... So, while claiming to be matte, it is not totally matte, basically. 



The color is a very pigmented and saturated cool toned rosy pink. the swatch makes it look brighter, almost a hot pink, but on the lips it is played down quite a bit.

The wear on this is average, a couple hours. Between talking, eating and drinking, this lasted me maybe three hours with fading. It's not a stain, so don't expect all day wear. Plan to touch up as you go about your day.

I love this product and am trying to talk myself out of buying more!

No comments:

Post a Comment