Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Laura Geller Eye Rimz Gift Set

It's confession time, once more!     On Hautelook I purchased the Laura Geller Eye Rimz gift set because I remembered having seen these demoed on a home shopping network years ago and had been intrigued then. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the exact price I paid for this, but I believe it was about $25.00, no more.





It came with four full sized eyeshadow/eyeliners that can be used either dry or wet, along with a small eyeliner brush. The shadows come in the colors, Violet Voodoo, Fire Water, Rich Rust, and Supernatural Smoke. 

So, lets start with some pictures! And please excuse the poor quality of these pics, it was a bad picture day, apparently...







Violet Voodoo: LEFT: dry RIGHT: wet

This is a very pretty color, when wet. Applied dry, it just looks black-gray, very boring. When applied wet it really pops and becomes a pretty violet purple with some sparkle to it.






Firewater LEFT: dry RIGHT: wet

This is a gorgeous blue and I had high hopes for this, but it is the same as the previous color, when applied dry, it is lacking in pigment and this one applies patchy. Yet, when applied wet, the color is vibrant and metallic. It really dazzles!





Rich Rust applied dry
(sorry for the poor pics!)


Rich Rust applied wet
Rich Rust is such a beautiful color, yet once again, applied as a shadow, it is blah. Applied wet, this is a gorgeous copper metallic color! This would be beautiful all over the lids!






Supernatural Smoke applied dry

Supernatural Smoke applied dry

Supernatural Smoke is patchy and dull when applied dry but applied wet it almost takes on a complete transformation and becomes a blackened blue-gray color. Very pretty, especially used as an eyeliner!

There is the usual fallout when using these as an eyeshadow, but when used as an eyeliner, they apply smoothly and evenly with out skipping. Once on, they will not budge, so no need to worry about fading!

Overall, these are a disappointment for me. I won't use them as an eyeshadow because they all apply patchy. They are great as an eyeliner and I will use these for that purpose, but I do not find myself reaching for these as much because it is easier for me to grab my gel eyeliners and liquid eyeliners because there is no need to take that extra step in wetting my brush like these require. 

Oh well, can't love them all. Hope you have a better experience with these than I have had! 

No comments:

Post a Comment