Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Impression Confession: They're Real Mascara, By Benefit

I have a confession to make...       I wasn't sure at first if I loved this mascara or dislikes it greatly. Let me explain to you why I was uncertain and my final thoughts on this much hyped up product.





I received this sample sized mascara in a gift set that also came with Benefits, Watt's Up highlighter. At Sephora you can purchase the full size for $23.00, which for a high end mascara is not too bad, I think. My favorite drugstore mascara, Maybelline's Colossal is around $6 or $7 dollars, so Benefit's mascara is a splurge for sure!

I have had this for about a month and a half and have used it consistently. What intrigued me was the wand itself with its spiky tips, especially the rounded tip of the wand with its little spikes. The wand is somewhat flatter than your typical plump and round wand that I see a lot of.




Now, more than once, the klutz that I am, has poked myself in the eye with the end of this wand. And it  stung like none other, making me feel as if this was some sort of torture device, if you will. So, after wiping away the tears streaking down my face and proceeding with caution, I continued applying. 

The outcome is definitely extremely dramatic, to the point that they look unreal like fake lashes, hence the name of the mascara! Well done, Benefit! I have found that a little bit goes along way, At first I applied too much, and they looked very spidery and goopey, which is unflattering in my humble opinion. But, really, all you need is one application and every single lash is coated perfectly! 

I know the pictures below are not the best quality, and I apologize! They were taken with my iPhone...






The wand is genius, just don't jab yourself in the eye with this sucker! (That may just be me, though...LOL) The rounded tip helps to get into the inner and outer corner of your lashes with ease, which I appreciate. 

Honestly, I adore this mascara to no end! It gives me full dramatic lashes with volume and length. Unbelievable! If you love a more natural look, this mascara is not for you. But, for a special night out, you may want to splurge a bit and break this out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment