Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2011

Not Much Of A Super Shocker After All

I have a confession to make...   and it's not of the pretty kind. Yes, I know we can all agree that there are certain beauty products out there that are either a success or an all out failure. I think that it is my duty to report to you guys not only the products that are worth raving about but also the products that are complete duds so that you can save your money for something better or if you choose, to make the plunge and buy the product anyways. After all, everyone's perspectives are different.
So, now that I rambled on and on needlessly, let's get down to what we all came here to read about; and that is AVON'S Supershock Intense Mascara. I have a love hate thing going on with this product and Avon in general. I think that Avon has great sales and I have bought from them through out the years. When I first read about these mascara's I thought I would give the black one a try and it turned out that I loved the mascara to no end! When I got the chance to purchase from this company again, I went ahead and bought two of the black ones and then tried out the colored versions of this same product.
I bought the Intense Emerald which I had the high hopes of it coming out a vibrant green color. Well, it shows up on my dark lashes as more of a grey color. 


Then there is the black which I adore and would consider repurchasing again in the future because it is a great black which you can never go wrong with.



Then we come to an interesting color, Burgundy. When I think of burgundy I think of a deep pretty wine color. Well, take a look at the swatch for yourself. Personally, it looks brown to me.





Then we come to the one that I was most excited about, and that would be Intense Sapphire. I would love to have seen this be a bright, intense (as the packaging proclaims) blue. Well, it looks grey.



I have swatched these mascaras on a plain white piece of paper so that the colors would show up better.




Now, Avon does say that these mascaras give just a tint of color, which I can understand; not everybody wants vibrancy, but when the packaging reads INTENSE, I would think that the color it claims it is would show through. Overall the color comes out anything but what it is supposed to be; many of these colors are just grey on the lashes and look dull and weird when wearing.
But, I will give kudos to Avon for the fact that the formula gives extraordinary length, volume and thickness to my mediocre lashes. So, for that fact alone I would buy the black color here and there when on sale. 
But, also, I must say that I do like the brush applicator. It doesn't look like anything special, and the wand is stiff with no give, but I will say that I have used one of these wands after cleaning off the product over my lashes after having just applied a different mascara and it creates the exact same effect as if I was just using the Avon's mascara. So, I will be keeping Avon's mascara brushes to use in conjunction with my everyday mascara's to create the perfect lashes.
 So, save your dough and splurge on other brand's colorful hues and you won't be shockingly disappointed like I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment