Search This Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Organix's Seductive Promises

Another confession a long time coming....    See, I have been trying out this pretty looking, heavenly smelling conditioner in hopes that it would make my hair silky, soft and head turning.
As you can see for yourself, the sleek packaging definitely does stand out from all of the other shampoos and conditioners that you find at your local drugstore or supermarket. The Organix line comes in a rainbow of different tantalizing scents sure to captivate everybody's different preference. 
I will confess to having passed by these bottles many times as I went to pick up my usual favorite shampoo and conditioner and every time they caught my attention and I would stop and smell a few. 
So, one day I broke down and decided to try out the conditioner and see if it was something that I would like before I bought the shampoo.
I decided to settle on the Hydrating Teatree Mint Conditioner which smells so yummy like one of those chocolate mint candies. YUM!
Here are a few of the claims that it makes: 

"Why You Want It:...The unique blend of organic active ingredients creates a three-in-one decadent treat. All you need for moist, smooth and seductive hair all in one formula."

Now, let me address this promise first...Okay, the first time I used this conditioner, yes, the smell is amazing and made me yearn for something minty and chocolatey and the smell does linger on the hair for some time after, so it is decadent. But it did nothing for my locks except make them feel drier and coarser than before. It was actually a pain to comb my hair because it was too tangly (and,yes, I have long hair).

"What's In It For You...Australian Teatree oils adds moisture and strength, while nourishing your hair with replenishing milk proteins and micro-infused peppermint oils for hydration and balance."

Now, as you can already guess, I did not gain any moisture from this conditioner. It only made my hair drier than before, and my hair was not brittle by any means, but it did feel that way after using this product.
Yet, on the bright side, the Organix line is sulfate and paraben free and it is safe for color treated hair. So, if you feel better about purchasing products like that maybe give this a go and it will work for your hair type since all hair is not created equal. 
This is just my take on the Organix line that I had tried for about a week (I could not use this any longer since my hair felt in worse condition than ever!).
So, I confess, I will not be trying any shampoo or anymore conditioners from them ever again since they do not live up to the promises that they made!

No comments:

Post a Comment