Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Mally's Age Rebel Shadow Sticks

Today I am bringing you another Mally Beauty review, because I have found that this past year I have been highly pleased with her products. These three Age Rebel Shadow Sticks came in a kit that I purchased on mallybeauty.com that included a few other eyeliners, yet I cannot see this same kit on her website anymore. Individually these retail for $28.00 and come in six colors.

Let me share the colors I have with you!

I have the colors:

*Sugar- white-champagne with a frost finish
*Jade- golden olive green with a metallic finish
*Burnished Violet- taupe/lavender with a metallic finish










These are geared toward more mature eyelids and claim to rehydrate the skin and help to brighten the eyes to make them look more awake. I don't have mature eyelids myself this point in my life, but I was most interested in finding out if the claim that these are budge proof was true.

Let me start by saying that I have oily skin, which includes oily lids, so I always have to wear eyeshadow primer, even if products claim to be long wearing and budge proof. Yet, I always test out these products without primer just to see if any of these have the staying power to stand alone. When I have worn these on their own with no primer whatsoever, they surprised me by lasting a good six hours! After the six hour mark I did notice that some creasing was starting, but I think for my oily lids, it held up pretty well. With primer, this goes strong all day long!

The formula is so silky the product glides across the lids without tugging.When they claim that this is a hydrating formula, I can agree with it in the sense that this is very very smooth. Application is so effortless and the color is so pigmented that is makes applying it quick and easy; just blend it out! I would advise to blend it out quickly, because in a matter of less than a minute, this will set and will NOT move! Awesome, isn't it?!
















The packaging is gorgeous! I love the light green shiny package because it looks so sleek and sophisticated. The cap clicks securely on the pencil so the product is well protected and safe from getting nicked. I also appreciate that this is a twist pencil and it can retract into itself when you place the cap back on.



Left to right: Sugar, Jade and Burnished Violet


Burnished Violet is my favorite of the three and looks beautiful on brown eyes! Jade is a wearable green because of the golden undertones that it has. I like using this as an eyeliner for the upper or lower lashes, also. Sugar is my least favorite and tends to skip when applied, despite its smooth application.

When I am in a rush in the morning all I have to do is apply this all over the lid and blend it out and I am good to go, because these look phenomenal on their own. There is no need to even think about it when applying these!

I definitely love these shadow sticks and can't wait to try the other three in this line!




Have A Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment