Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cover Girl's Perfect Point Plus Eye Liner...Is It Really Perfect After All?

I have a confession to make...    this time, it is not a pretty one. See, I always have to keep in my makeup necessity kit a true black eyeliner, preferably one that will not budge and is waterproof for the sake of knowing that it won't slide down my face as the day goes on.
Now, I already have my favorite fool-proof always reliable black eyeliner that has been tried and tested that I have repurchased for the last four years just because it has been the best drugstore black eyeliner for me. Well, I decided to test out an eyeliner that I have never used before as I was at the drugstore, silly girl that I am. 
I ended up in the Cover Girl section of the drugstore and began perusing the merchandise. Now, here is another confession I must make to you all...    I have never been a big Cover Girl fan at all. It is my absolute least favorite brand at the drugstore but, I always say, times change and products do, too, so we all deserve a second chance (or third or tenth, whatever...).
So, I purchased the Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eye Pencil in Black Onyx and thought it was cool that it came with a smudge applicator attached to the top. It looked promising. Here is what Cover Girl claims about this product:

"The pencil gives you control and versatility. Want a precise line? It glides on easily. Want to soften a bit? There's a soft smudger tip. Best of all? No sharpening necessary. It's got a specially designed self-sharpener inside. So you always get the point-perfectly."


Okay, so the first time I tried it I was impressed initially by how smooth and pigmented the product is. It gave me that true black color that I wanted. I tend to smudge out the liner on my lower lash line so it is not harsh so I used the smudge tip and liked how it looked. I set my lower lash line with powder and was off to start my day.



Very Pigmented With A Soft Application



Here is where it all fell apart for me. Not even three hours after wearing this liner it began to smear on the lower lash line. Yeah, it was a blimey mess I tell you. I looked like a raccoon it was that bad.
So, the next day I tried just using the liner on my upper lashes, well, that didn't pan out too hot either since it transferred as the day was going on to my lower lash line and beyond, if you can imagine the not-so-pretty picture.
Yes, it is true that Cover Girl never claimed that this product was smudge-proof nor waterproof, but you would think that a company, no matter who they were, would make sure that their eyeliners would not smear all over your lids.
Maybe this liner would be good for those who want a super smudgeable liner to create a pretty smokey eye, but even then, be careful because I am not so sure this liner would hold up well.


Ran My Finger Lightly Over The Line Ten Minutes After I
Applied It And It Easily Smudged


I read reviews of this liner on line in hopes of finding a solution for my woes, but the majority of the people claimed the same thing I did...it smears and smudges and they hate it, too.
Needless to say, this makeup addict is not happy with Cover Girl's Perfect Point Plus Eye Liner and shall  be throwing this thing away since I have no use for a liner that makes me look like a panda bear two hours into my day.
So, before you let this liner run down your face, my suggestion is for you to run away from it!





No comments:

Post a Comment