Search This Blog

Friday, January 9, 2015

Mally Beauty Eye Shadow in, "Bright Eyes"

In my Mally Black Friday gift bag that I blogged about here , there was one of her full size single eyeshadows included in the color, "Bright Eyes". I have never tried out any of her powder eyeshadows so I was very excited to try something new from her line, because you know by now, if you have kept up with my blogs lately, that I love Mally products!

Now, I could not find these particular eyeshadow singles for sale on her website anymore... However, I did find these for sale on eBay, ranging from anywhere from $13-$17, so I am thinking that these may be discontinued and replaced by her Effortless Airbrush Nourishing Eyeshadows that retail for $29.00 a piece on her website.

Not sure how I feel about receiving discontinued products in her Black Friday goodie bag, because if I really love it, I won't be able to repurchase it nor could I recommend it to others since you cannot purchase it directly from Mally Beauty. So, that's a bit of a bummer...

However, if you are someone who runs into this particular eyeshadow, either on eBay or other resale websites, let me share my thoughts on this with you!











As always, Mally hit it spot on with her packaging! I love the shiny mint green of the eyeshadow compact, it is so sleek and glamorous that I think any beauty lover would cringe at the thought of throwing this one away once it is empty.

This is a pretty hefty sized compact for one single eyeshadow and it will take up space, so this is probably one that you will not be traveling with.

As I have consistently found, Mally makes sure that her products are well protected and the tops/covers of her packaging securely snap back on. You never have to worry that the cover is flimsy and will fall open!










Mally Eye Shadow in, "Bright Eyes"



I did manage to find an older YouTube video on Mally's channel that was published in 2012 that explains this eyeshadow and what to expect. I discovered this video a few days after I had been using this eyeshadow, so below I talk about the expectations I had about this product before I knew what the claims of it was.

Mally says that these single eyeshadows give a sheer wash of color to the lids. From the sound of it, she never meant for this to be a huge pigment of color. She wants people to be able to still see your skin underneath the eyeshadow. These shadows will give you a shimmer of color to make them look bright and awake.

With that said, I do love the texture of the powder, because it is velvety soft when I watched and applied it. I do agree with her claims on the product, though; it definitely is more sheer than I was expecting and hoping for. When I swatched it (above) it looked amazing and beautiful. Yet, when I applied it to my lids, I did notice that it was not as pigmented as I thought it would be. I did build it up to give it more noticeable color, because I really wanted that rosy-peach color to come through on my lids!

Let's just say that I was disappointed in the lack of intensity of this eyeshadow... Even knowing now  that this eyeshadow truly lives up to its claims of being a sheer shadow, I am the girl who prefers pigmented eyeshadows. I would recommend these for people who do want more of a natural look, these would be right up your alley.

But, as for me, I will pass on these... I am now curious about her other eyeshadows, though. Maybe they are more pigmented than these ones. Please, if anyone has tried her other shadows, please let me know what your thoughts are on them and which ones you would recommend!



Have A Great Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment