Search This Blog

Thursday, June 20, 2013

My Thoughts On Bath And Body Works Vanilla Coconut

I have a confession to make...          I have turned into a Bath and Body Works fiend this past year. I had always wanted to try their candles and finally caved when they had a sale and from there my obsession kept growing, but that is a whole nother blog... What I despise is the coupons they send when you buy stuff so I am always suckered into buying more, which I save money in the long run, but I am spending more money than I need to on things I do not necessarily need.

I know, a vicious cycle indeed...

So, when they had their semi-anual sale I decided I would limit myself to what I would buy. I bought a friend some things for a graduation present but than also thought I would try out something new for myself. I could not resist! I picked up the Vanilla Coconut body lotion and the accompanying fragrance mist from their signature collection. I am a huge fan of anything coconut and anything vanilla and thought this would be the perfect tropical combination. Originally the body lotion was $10.50 and the fragrance mist was $12.00. I got the lotion on sale for $4.00 and the mist on sale for a friendly $5.00.



Well, when I received these in the mail the other day (I ordered online cause it is easier for me than going to the actual store sometimes), I tried these out and was taken by surprise. I was not hit by an overwhelming tropical smell of coconut, sunscreen and fruity drinks. This is more of a sophisticated coconut fragrance that I happen to enjoy very much. 

After overcoming my initial shock, I kept smelling my wrists trying to imagine how I could describe this scent best. The only way I know how is to tell you that this smells like creamy coconuts. Like thick coconut milk mixed with vanilla. It is a pleasant sweet, but not too sweet, scent. 

This is how Bath and Body Works website describes this fragrance:

The body lotion is described as "a sensuous blend of toasted coconuts and warm vanilla."

The fragrance mist is described as "a tropical twist of coconut milk and cool vanilla."
Top Notes: Juicy bergamot, lemon zest, watery green apple, pineapple sorbet
Middle Notes: Black currant, sheer muget, jasmine, creamy coconut
Base Notes: Exotic vanilla, white musk, sandalwood

Overall I am quite pleased with my small purchase and would recommend this to you if you are a lover of coconut as well! Hope that you guys took advantage of the semi-annual sale Bath and Body Works have going on right now. I admit, I would have bought more, but a few weeks before this I had purchased from them already... See, I am a sucker, aren't I? 

Happy Semi-Annual Sale Shopping to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment