Search This Blog

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Impression Confession: ELF's Contouring Blush And Bronzing Powder In St. Lucia

I have a confession to make...      I love two in one products and I am on the look out for products like that because they are easy to travel with. That means the less I have to haul around with me. I had heard great things about ELF's blushes and especially their Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powders. So, I was at Walmart and decided to pick one up. 

I got mine in the color St. Lucia, which looked like a beautiful peachy-pink blush with a pretty intense bronzer. I had heard that even though it may look too dark for your skin tone you can use a light hand and it works perfectly. So, I wasn't scared off!









What I really like is the packaging, because it is so compact and slim! None of those bulky packaging that some company's put out for their products. The full size mirror inside the compact is wonderful to use when applying makeup when traveling and on the run. This is very travel friendly and you can pop it into your makeup bag and you have your blush AND bronzer!




I did notice right off how shimmery the blush was, which I don't mind, but I was disappointed that even the bronzer had it's own shimmer, too. I am not a fan of shimmery bronzers. Can you notice the shimmer in the picture above?







In the swathes you can definitely see the shimmer in the blush, it is highly noticeable. It is almost a little too chunky of shimmer for me. The bronzer doesn't come off as shimmery as the blush, but you can see some fine shimmer to it. 




You can see where I blended out the bronzer and the color mellows out and becomes more toned down and wearable for lighter skin tones. When blended out, the shimmer is almost non-existant, but it is still not completely matte. 

When I apply the blush to my cheeks, it comes off very light, I cannot really notice the color because it is so subtle. So, it is nice for just a flush of natural color to the face. After you pick up some product with your blush brush, it helps to tap your brush off so it can get rid of most of the glittery shimmer.

Overall, I do like this a lot, even though the bronzer isn't completely matte, I love the convenience of this product. I want to try more ELF products in the future now! They really are hit and miss, but I wouldn't mind trying some more blushes!

No comments:

Post a Comment