Search This Blog

Friday, March 13, 2015

Mally's Brow Beauty Ultimate Brow Kit Review

I am all about the brows, baby! I cannot step out my front door without filling in my thin eyebrows, either with a pencil or quickly with powder. I have tried so many brow products from different drugstore and high end companies that I figured I might as well give Mally's Brow Beauty Ultimate Brow Kit a try. I adore Mally's beauty products, because they are amazing quality and last a very long time when wearing them! 

Mally's Ultimate Brow Kit retails for $30.00 and comes in Taupe, Medium Brown, and Sable. This kit includes a double ended brow pencil, a tube of clear brow gel, a sharpener, and a double ended brow tool that has a spoolie at one end and a lash comb at the other. I thought this was a phenomenal deal for all the products that you receive!

Mally Beauty claims that this will last all day on your brows and the gel will give you staying power and lock the brows into place.

I have been able to test this out for the past month or more, so read on to find out what my thoughts are on this product!























This comes packaged so neatly and compact, not to mention the color of the box is amazing! I just so happen to be a fan of the pale green, and you can even see a faint shadowing of snake skin on the packaging. Ah, yes, this packaging is an eye grabber, that's for sure!












Above is a picture of all the goodies when they where brand new just out of the box! Check out how beautiful that pale green is, it looks so sleek and sophisticated. I LOVE this color! 
















The double ended brow pencil includes a defining pencil on one end and a soft color pencil on the other. It's very convenient and works well to have these two different pencils all in one. It makes for a quick application and great for traveling, because you will not have to take two different pencils with you or risk forgetting one and leaving it behind. 

Yet, on the other hand, some of us can just get by using one brow pencil, so, maybe using two different kinds is just an extra step that you can skip. And if you are someone who feels that way, I am with you on that, my dears!












The defining pencil is firm and has a dry formula to it, and is meant to be used to define the outline of your brows. This is dry enough to define the outline of your brows without it looking harsh, while the color is light enough to define without it looking fake and obvious. 












The softcolor end is what you use to fill in the brows and it still has a dry formula, but is slightly softer than the definer. This performs very similarly to the defining end of this pencil, because the color comes off subtly, which prevents the brows from looking harsh. 






Mally's Brown Beauty Ultimate Brow Kit In Medium Brown
Left: Definer
Right: Softcolor




The way that the pencil performed was a touch disappointing. I was used to creamier brow products, or ones with a softer formula. But, I have come to see that the dryness of the pencil helps to distribute just the right amount of color, without overdoing it. Plus, a dry formula really does help the brows to stay all day! Yet, the formula is still not my favorite to work with, because I almost feel like I have to drag the pencil harshly across my brows for the color payoff to show up, it is that dry of a pencil. 















Now, I love this brow gel! This is a clear brow gel that holds your brow hairs in place all day long! I am picky about brow gel, because there are some that will flake on me, making me look like I put hairspray on my brows and it gets flakey as the day goes on. That is not my thang at all! But, this gel I really do like and it performs beautifully!










This brow tool is perfect and I use this daily. The spoolie is soft, plush and thick while the lash comb on the other end feels like it is made of steel! This tool is going to last quite a long time. The only thing is, it is so long, I almost wish they had made it just a little smaller so it would be easier to stuff in a makeup bag and travel with.

Oh, and the sharpener is your run of the mill sharpener, and has worked wonderfully. It has not eaten up the pencil yet! That's a huge plus, isn't it?

Honestly, I will not repurchase this brow kit once I have used it up. I am not in love with the formula of the brow pencil and I truly don't feel the need to use two different types (ends) to complete my brows. It is just an extra step that I feel okay with leaving out. 

The gel I adore, but than again, if I can find a drugstore alternative that will do the same thing this gel does, I will be happy. Even if Mally sold this gel on its own, I would hesitate to buy it, because I have a feeling there is a cheaper brow gel out there that can do the job right!

Does anyone out there have any affordable brow gel suggestions out there for me? I would love to try them out!



Have A Wonderful Day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment