Search This Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mistura C-2-P Complexion Corrector Review

I have to say that I am loving my Boxycharm subscription since I subscribed in January, because there has been so many beautiful high end cosmetics that I wouldn't normally try. In March's Boxycharm Box, I was intrigued by a concealer stick from a brand called, Mistura Beauty Solutions. I am interested in a concealer stick for the convenience of traveling and quick application. 

So, lets see what I thought about this!

On their website you can read about this product here , where it retails for $36.99, but I will say that it seems to be the exact same product, just designed a little different than the one that I received in my box. Check it out to see what I mean. 

But, they claim that this is a cream to powder formula that is hydrating because it is made with coconut oil and shea butter. What is pretty cool about this product is that this is a three in one product, because you can use this as a concealer, spot coverage or foundation. They say that this can be buildable and can even cover acne spots, even broken capillaries! Amazingly, they claim that this is a universal color for everybody. Hmm... that's quite an unbelievable claim, as you can tell from the product itself.














I absolutely love that this is designed exactly like a lipstick! You take the top off and twist the product up to use it, just like a lipstick. I know they make products like this, drugstore and high end, but this is my first time trying a concealer in this form. The cap is extremely durable and it snaps on and stays put, no worries about the cap falling off and the product getting messy everywhere. 

I did have an issue with the product that I received, and I think (hopefully!) that it was just mine, because I don't think that with such an expensive product they would produce this to break so easily. Take a look at what happened:














So, yeah... when I went to open the concealer stick for the first time, and lo and behold, the stick had broken in half... The bottom picture shows the step I took to get the top half back into the bottom part of the tube, which I ended up having to gently mash the top piece to the bottom piece without destroying it. 

As far as texture, this is so very silky and soft. I was worried that at first the cream would be too slippery for my oily face, but this glided onto my skin gently, no greasiness whatsoever, without any tugging. I could feel that it set to a powder finish very quickly, while still being very bendable. It feels weightless on my skin and blends like a dream! I love the texture and easiness of this product!
 









The coverage of this concealer is amazing! I have worn this under my eyes which helped to conceal the slight darkness that I have under there. I also have worn this on some acne scars and I was so pleasantly shocked at how well this covered everything up. The only thing is, I would highly recommend setting this with a finishing powder to prevent creasing, which I had noticed under my eyes the first time I wore this alone without powder. Setting this product helped it to last longer throughout the day. I won't claim this is an all day wear, this did fade on my skin towards the end of the day, so I would say that this lasted on me from 8:00 am till around 3:30ish  pm. Honestly, that is not disappointing at all!

The color works great for my skin tone, but for dark colored skin I do not think that this is going to work. Unfortunately there is no option for women of color, and that is a huge fail in my eyes. I personally do not like when companies claim that one color works for all skin tones. 

I would use this more for when I am traveling or in a hurry to conceal my under eyes or some major blemishes. I understand that this is an expensive product and this does not come in other colors that are for people with dark skin tones. But, for my skin, I really am enjoying this concealer and would say that if you have a lighter skin tone, give it a try for yourself, you just might love it! 



Have A Wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment