Search This Blog

Monday, March 30, 2015

LVX Nail Polish Review

I was very happy to receive a new nail polish in my March BoxyCharm to add to my collection. LVX nail polish is a brand entirely new to me, and since this bottle retails for $16.00, I had only the highest of hopes for this polish to live up to the claims they make on it.

Check out the LVX nail lacquers here  where you can find out even more about the brand and array  of colors they offer.  What I do appreciate is that this is a cruelty free nail polish brand and it is free of the five toxic chemicals that are found in most nail lacquers. What is interesting is that they get their color inspiration from the fashion runways and the trends they see there. They also say this formula is long lasting and chip resistant. 

So, I put this to the test to see if this high-end polish is worth the price tag!




















I got this in the color, "Lemondrop", which is a pale yellow. It is perfect for the spring time and the sunshine!











What surprised me was that the cap came right off the top of the bottle when I was twisting it off! At first I thought that this was broken, but it looks to me like the huge cap is supposed to come right off.... Is it just me, or is that a waste of packaging? Hmmm....

Anyways, the skinnier cap is the right size to handle when painting nails, no doubt easier than if the massive cap was part of the handle. 












The brush is a basic skinny tip, nothing special nor outstanding. But, it is easy to apply the lacquer with this brush, so I appreciate that.












I was not impressed with the first coat. As with all yellow nail polishes I have tried, this one applied streaky with the first coat. Honestly, I rarely purchase yellow polishes for that fact and this one was no different than the others. 











This is what the polish looks like with two coats and you can see that there is still a little streakiness to the finished look. This is not as opaque as I want my nail polish to be. I only like doing two coats of any nail polish because that is all I have the time and patience for. And truly, two coats should be enough to get an opaque finish from any nail polish.

Yet, to be fair to LVX, yellow is a hard nail polish to work with.











Even though I am not impressed with the performance of this specific color, I am VERY impressed with the longevity of this formlua! I only experienced a small chip on my middle finger four days after I had applied this polish! AWESOME!

Through my everyday life, LVX nail lacquer endured the test of time! It wasn't until I had painted walls and hung up a few home decor items and did some heavy duty home improvement projects that the polish started to chip away. 

I would say that this is a nail polish that is worth the price tag because it lasts for DAYS without chipping.  So, please do check out their website to peruse the countless colors they have available. You will not be disappointed! This was amazing!



Have A Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment