Search This Blog

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette Review

There comes a time in a girls life     when she has decisions to make, and let me tell you…when it comes to makeup palettes, it is no easy choice. When I was at Sephora a couple of weeks ago I was torn between the Urban Decay Naked palette (the original) or the new Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette that had grabbed my attention after swatching it in the store. 

Let me tell you why I purchased this one instead of the Naked palette that I have been lusting after for years upon years…




Isn't the box that this palette comes in just adorable! It presents itself as cutely wrapped bar of chocolate! Love it!






The design of this palette is appealing for sure! I like how it is made of tin, making it more durable and travel friendly. Wherever this goes, it will protect your shadows well.




Now, this retails for $49.00, whereas the Naked palette retails for $52.00. Too Faced has a collection of  sixteen eyeshadows and Urban Decay has twelve. Both have gorgeous colors, yet what I adore about the Chocolate Bar palette is that it has a total of seven matte shades. That's when I knew this palette was the one I could take anywhere with me and it would have every color I would need!

Lets just take a gander at this beautiful shadows, shall we…



The first shadows in the first half of the palette


The shadows in the last half of the palette

As you can see, these are all wearable everyday colors, mixed in with a baby pink and fun purple.

Let's start with the top row and work our way down… 



From left to right we have the colors Gilded Ganache, White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Black Forest Truffle and Triple Fudge

I absolutely love the color, White Chocolate because it is the perfect blending color since it is a yellow based skin toned color. I use this color everytime! The three matte shades in this row are White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate and Triple Fudge. The one shade I have the most issues with is Black Forest Truffle, and only because of the fallout that it has when applying, so keep that in mind. Otherwise, it is a gorgeous shadow, too!



The middle row colors from left to right are:

Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Semi-Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Candied Violet and Amaretto

The three matte shades in this row are Salted Caramel, Semi-Sweet and Strawberry Bon Bon. The color that really threw me off was Strawberry Bon Bon, because it is a matte pink and I am pretty sure I could never wear a pink color. But, when I wore it one day, it is a very light color, it almost comes across as a white. It's an okay color, not one I would reach for often, though. The disappointing color of this lineup was Candied Violet… Just look at how beautiful it is, yet it comes off more sheer than I expected and the pretty pink sparkle becomes non-existent on the lids, it just fall right out when applied. 



The bottom row colors from left to right are:

Hazelnut, Creme Brûlée, Haute Chocolate, Cherry Cordial and Champagne Truffle

The one matte shade in this row is Cherry Cordial. What I love about the color Champagne Truffle is that if you like a shimmery highlight either on the brow bone or inner corners, this is the perfect one! It is not shimmery nor is to frosty. When applied on the bore bone it is more of a beautiful sheen, which in my opinion, is so subtle and beautiful! 

You are getting a great amount of colors that you will wear for sure, so this will not be money wasted! 

The only thing I despise about this palette is that the names are not on the box underneath eyeshadow! Come on, right!? After everyone complains about products with no names labeled permanently on the package you would think makeup companies would get the hint, right?

Well, don't let that stop you, because this is the only palette you will ever need! Oh, and did I tell you that it smells exactly like chocolate!? What girl does't like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment