Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Eggnogg'n Tea! Don't 'Nog' It Til Ya Try It!

I have a confession to make...   When the weather outside turns into cold and blustery days, I love getting comfy and cozy on my couch and wrapping myself up in my Snuzzle. Yes, I said Snuzzle. It's a knock off of the Snuggle that my hubby found at Ross and I laughed at him for buying it. Long story short, I fell in love with the Snuzzle and have become very territorial over it. That is another subject....
Any-who, I adore a nice hot cup of tea during the cold weather when I am snuggling up and getting cozy on the couch. I have a variety of teas in my pantry ranging from peppermint to orange-spice to peach etc...But one tea that comes out only once a year right after Halloween when the stores set up for their Christmas rush, is Eggnogg'n tea from Bigelow. My mom got me hooked on this tea two years ago when she bought it and thereafter I have searched many stores for this box and came up empty handed. Let me tell you, it is a very popular drink and it goes FAST. 
I happened to be at grocery shopping two weeks ago and had it down on my list. I was planning on buying two or three of these to stalk up on for this winter. Well, guess where I happened to find it? On the same display as the Pumpkin Spice tea by Bigelow (that I had already purchased weeks ago) and this was the only one among the dozens of Pumpkin Spice! So yeah, I snatched it up and I did search through the other boxes to make sure it wasn't buried under the Pumpkin teas. 
I searched the tea isle and the other displays in the store and this was the only one I found. Wow, these suckers go quick. I am glad that I was able to get my hands on this one and hopefully when I go back they will have more on display. 
Why is the such a coveted tea, you may ask? Well, besides the fact that it only comes out once a year, it is such a unique flavor. Now, I hate with a passion eggnog in general. My husband, he loves the stuff and always has to buy a jug of it at the store when it comes out. What I do love about eggnog is the smell. To me, it smells just like buttercream frosting for some reason. Yummy! 
This is what this tea delivers on. It has that subtle scent and taste of frosting and it tastes great with a little bit of sugar mixed into your cup. Seriously, you cannot go wrong with this tea. It is the go-to tea that you will want every night after your day is done and it is time to unwind before bed with your favorite book or TV show.
So, what's your favorite drink that makes you feel all peaceful and warm during these cold months ahead? I know what I'm snuggling up with tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment