Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2011

Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover

I have a confession to make...    I have not been purchasing much makeup lately because I have finally convinced myself that I have more than enough; so much that I most likely will never use it all in my lifetime. When I think about it that way, it is kind of depressing...
So, I have been going through some of my tried and tested products that I already have and decided that I can still review some of these products because they are still available in a store near you!
We all need to take care of the appearance of out hands and nails, especially now that the cold weather is setting in and that typically causes my skin to dry out along with my cuticles. They need some extra special attention and love. 
So, about a year ago I discovered a great product from Sally Hansen called, "Instant Cuticle Remover", and it claims to 'dissolve dry cuticles in 15 seconds'.
The directions state:

"For cuticles, squeeze a thin strip around cuticles and under nail tips. After 15 seconds, begin to gently push back cuticles with a cuticle pusher or manicure stick. Wash away excess immediately and throughly with warm, soapy water.
For calluses, apply to callused skin for one minute. Wash away excess immediately and throughly with warm, soapy water."

Let me tell you why I love this product and am on my second bottle. This is a very thick formula that sticks to the cuticle and softens the skin. After about a minute passes, I use the Kiss cuticle sticks that I bought on sale at Walgreens for 99 cents to push back the cuticles around my nails and the gross skin under neath the tips of my nails.
It makes the process of refining your cuticles a breeze as it is so effective. Once I wash the product off I use a cuticle product that moistens the cuticles and keeps them in shape, especially before I go to bed at night. (I will talk more about the cuticle product that I use for this step in a later post)
You can buy this product at Walgreens for about $5.49 and you get 1 fl oz that lasts you a long while. The price of course will vary by store and location. But, no matter what you pay you are saving yourself a lot of money and can buy yourself a bottle of a pretty nail polish to go with your new manicure!
Try this out for yourself and you you will be left with gorgeous-just-came-from-the-salon looking nails in pretty perfect shape. 
Nobody will know that you did them yourself at home, but once you tell them, they will sure be jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment