Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Revlon's New Colorburst Lip Butters

I have a confession to make...     I have been watching every single YouTube video and scanning every single blog that features this new product by Revlon, my ultimate favorite drugstore makeup brand. I have heard nothing but great things about these new lip butters and I love the colors that I was seeing, they are beautiful!
Left to right: Candy Apple and Pink Truffle
I made out a wish list of every single color that I wanted to try out and made my way to the stores to see if I could hunt them down. Finally, at my third stop, Target, I found a small display of these. They did not have all of them, just a handful. I picked up two that I wanted to try out and made my way home with Candy Apple and Pink Truffle.
I have been trying these for a couple of days now and I am ready to give you my full report and honest feelings on these. 
These apply so smooth, they glide onto the lips effortlessly. Your lips are left with a lot of color and a gorgeous shine. I would not classify these as a lipstick nor a lipgloss, but somewhere in between. 
The product is very soft and I would caution anybody to be careful because given the softness of this product, I am not sure how these will hold up. In other words, these may be very breakable, I just do not want to test that theory on my own.




Left to right: Pink Truffle and Candy Apple

Pink Truffle is a light mauve-brown color but shows up darker in this picture.
Candy Apple is a subtle red color that can be worn about town during the day since it is not dramatic!

Left to right: Pink Truffle and Candy Apple
The color payoff is fantastic and yet it is still build able


Now, while these colors are gorgeous and they apply beautifully and come in a vast range of colors for everybody, I did find some down falls to this product that I must share with you because this could be a deciding factor for you.
When wearing these, the color does not last long at all. Just like a gloss, you must reapply it every once in awhile through out the day. And, I do find that these slide a lot. Not just a bit, but a lot. I have never had issues with my lipgloss or even lipstick rubbing off on my teeth, but both of these did. Thankfully, it was my hubby who had to warn me when we were out in public about to hang out with friends. YIKES!
Another thing I noticed that surprised me, because everybody was saying that these are just like tinted moisturizers but better, is that after wearing one that day, my lips felt dry. Now, I am a lip balm addict and  I always have Chapstick or something to that effect on hand to moisturize my lips, plus, I exfoliate my lips once a week or so. I think I take decent care of my lips, but I was still left with a nagging dry feeling after wearing these lip butters. 
Needless to say, I was not pleased. 
Honestly, I wanted to love these just like everyone else was loving them, but because of the facts that they rub off on my teeth and dry out my lips, I will not be repurchasing anymore of these lip butters. 
Sorry, Revlon, but these are no-go for this girl.
These lip butters don't melt on these lips, they just  slide right off. Maybe you'll have better luck with these than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment