Search This Blog

Monday, May 4, 2015

OFRA Blush Stripes, "Illuminating", Review And Swatches

When I saw OFRA's Blush Stripes in "Illuminating" inside my April's Boxycharm, I was so excited! It is so beautiful and shimmery, I could not wait to try this out for myself. I am always back and forth on highlighters, because they are so beautiful and give a gorgeous glow to the skin, but with my naturally oily skin, I truly never thought a highlight would be worth the money for me.

So, lets see of OFRA's highlighter changed my mind!

This retails on OFRA's website for $35.00 and comes in three options total. You can check out the "Illuminating" Blush Stripes here and you can see what the other two options are on their website. What is wonderful, is that this can be used not just as a highlighter, but also as eyeshadows.





OFRA Blush Stripes, "Illuminating"



OFRA Blush Stripes, "Illuminating"



OFRA Blush Stripes, "Illuminating"



OFRA Blush Stripes, "Illuminating




This a convenient sized compact, because it isn't overly large and unnecessary, it is just a touch bigger than the size of my palm. Since this works double duty as a highlighter and eyeshadows, depending on where you where going, this could be all you need, besides makeup for your face.





OFRA Blush Stripes, "Illuminating"



The colors are so beautiful, it seriously took my breath away when I opened the box and compact and took a good look at them. The colors remind me of summertime with the bronzed color in there and the soft pinks remind me of warm sandy beaches.

The formulation of these are highly shimmery and metallic, so I am not sure why they put the word, blush, in their name. I am sure no one would use this as a blush, but as it is meant to be used, as a highlighter for the tops of your cheekbones or summery eyeshadows!




OFRA Blush Stripes, "Illuminating" swatches 



You can see from the individual swatches above that they are highly frosty and metallic. I adore how beautiful these shades are, so you can see that they would be perfect to use for your eyelids! I have used these as eyeshadows, and they are gorgeous! If you tap the white shade off of your brush, and dab a bit onto the top of your hand before applying to your inner corner, this makes a pretty inner corner highlight.





OFRA Blush Stripes, "Illuminating" highlight swatch



Is that not just the most breathtaking, glowing highlight you have ever set your eyes on? It is a pretty golden-peachy-pink, and I think that it would be perfect for the summer time.

Honestly, when I wore it as a highlight on my own face, it looked so pretty. It gave my upper cheekbones and my nose a soft sheen that was not overwhelming, nor did I look like a disco ball, thankfully.  But, as the day went on, and my face got oily (I do blot if I am keeping up my appearance!) the highlight did not stand out, because the shininess from my oily face competed with the highlight. Yeah, it's a curse us oily girls know only too well...

I really love this beauty product and the versatility it offers. Despite my oily face, I would use this as a highlighter for special occasions because it gives an amazing glow to the skin. But, I realize that highlighters are not for me, personally... As for using this as an eyeshadow palette, I truly do love this and will be using this constantly for some pretty shimmery looks!

What have you tried from OFRA Cosmetics that you love?


Have A Wonderful Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment