Search This Blog

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow In, "Space Cowboy"

Urban Decay has amazing eyeshadows and I was super excited when a beauty kit I purchased from Sephora included a full size of Urban Decay's Moondust Eyeshadow in, "Space Cowboy". On Sephora's website these single eyeshadows retail for $20.00 each and come in seven different colors.


















Urban Decay says that this eyeshadow has micro-fine glitter that will have only minimal fallout which is great, because in the past before they reformulated their eyeshadows, the fallout was a nightmare and I refused to wear their glittery shadows. 

The product in the pan is breathtaking, because it is such a shiny gold. When I looked at it, the eyeshadow looked wet, like a cream eyeshadow, but its not, because this is a powder shadow!

I will admit that when I first applied this, I was sorely disappointed... From just looking in the pan, it appeared that the eyeshadow would be a highly pigmented golden color, but it was the exact opposite of my expectations. So, I had to go to Urban Decay's website to see how to apply these products. 

Firstly, they recommend applying these shadows with your fingers, and I had applied it with my brush. And if you want intense color payoff, apply the eyeshadow wet with your fingers. So, when I followed directions, I knew I had to change my mind. 




Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in, "Space Cowboy"
Applied with fingers
Left: Dry
Right: Wet


Dry Swatch


Wet Swatch



As you can see from the swatches above, this is a pretty natural (minus the glitter!) shade. When applied dry, it gives your lids a glisten of sheer gold with lots of sparkle! When applied wet, it has a higher density of color, with a metallic sparkly finish.

The appearance on the eyes is so beautiful and glamorous, it is perfect for a night out. The sparkle in the shadow, applied dry or wet is eye-catching and hard to miss. I would wear just this one eyeshadow with a bold red lip and it would be the ultimate gorgeous look! 

There was a tiny bit of fall out with this eyeshadow, but like the website claimed, it is minimal. Just hold tissue under the eyes to catch any stray glitters.

To me, this is a special kind of eyeshadow that is perfect for those special occasions when you want to be on display and get glammed up! I ADORE this eyeshadow and will definitely try out more shades!

If you have tried these out and love them, let me know which ones are your favorites!




Have A Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment