Search This Blog

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Be A Bombshell Lip Crayon In, "Bitten"

In my December Boxycharm, which was fabulous, I received a lip crayon from a cosmetics company that I had never heard of before, Bombshell Cosmetics, in the color, "Bitten", a beautiful deep red color. While red lips look glamorous, they are out of my comfort zone, so having received this in my box I was excited to play with it!

This retails on Bombshell Cosmetics website for $14.00 each and comes in eight different color options. They describe it as a glossy lip crayon that has a smooth texture. They say that for full coverage you can apply the crayon to the top and bottom of your lips and apply several coats until you get the desired results. If you want a more sheer coverage you can apply it to the bottom lip and than blot lips together.












The plastic based packaging is exactly like a typical lip crayon and twists from the bottom, except for the fact that the plastic cap is a little too flimsy feeling for my taste, especially considering this is a $14.00 lip crayon, I would expect better packaging. Especially when you see what happened when I barely went to twist up the product up just to see how easily it twists...








Yeah... The product broke right on out extremely easy. I do not know if all of their lip crayons are like this, but after this happened, I felt as if this packaging was cheaply made, especially after I shoved the lipstick back in, because it still feels unsecured when I apply it. Just beware so this doesn't happen to you and cause a mess!

So I give the packaging a huge thumbs down!




Bombshell Cosmetics Lip Crayon in, "Bitten"




The product itself is wonderful! The description of this particular shade is that it has a high shine, yet when I apply it and wear it, it leaves me with a matte finish. I do not see shine at all... Not a big deal for me, just not what I was expecting from what the description told me.

When I apply the product it feels like a matte lipstick, as it kind of drags across the lips. The application is great, though, because it is easy to line the lips with and the color is definitely buildable. So, this would be great for a wash of color or a deep bold red lip!

Despite the fact that this is a matte finish (yes that is my verdict!), I find that this is comfortable to wear, even for a couple of hours. I do not feel the need to apply chapstick as I wear this throughout the day, because this feels pleasant on the lips!

While I adore this lipstick itself, I despise the horrible packaging! This is not worth your $14.00 because Revlon makes outstanding lip crayons for less than $10.00 and their packaging will hold up over time, nor will the product fall out on you!

Not impressed with this one! If you tried this product before let me know what your experience with this has been!



Have A Wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment