Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Confession Time: Sonia Kashuk's "Eye On Neutral Palette"

I have a confession to make...        For awhile now, I have been wanting to introduce you to very well loved palette that I use on a daily basis. A palette that I had heard of from Its Judy Time when I was watching one of her videos on YouTube several months back. A genius of a palette that a lot of higher end companies have been producing replicas of their own. Without further ado...

Meet Sonia Kashuk's Instructional "Eye On Neutral" Palette!


See how well loved it is!!!!





I bought mine at Target for $19.99, which some may balk at when they think of Target, but keep in mind that even though Sonia Kashuk is sold at Target alongside drugstore makeup, it is a higher version of your typical drugstore finds. It comes with twelve eyeshadows that everybody absolutely needs in their makeup collection. No joke!




The packaging is made of your typical plastic, but it is still very durable with an easy open lid. My only complaint is that the side pull out drawer where the instructional cards are hidden can be very stubborn! At times I have to fight to get it open. Not to mention, the cards are a flimsy plastic, so they popped right out of there when I flipped them open and over each other. Unfortunately, I could not pop them back into the little grooves that held them in there and had to throw them out. (It just happened as I was writing this review) Bummer...

The cards it does come with are instructions to complete three different eye looks. One is, A Softly Contoured Eye. Two is,  A Wash Of Neutral. Three is, A Smokey Eye. All the eyeshadows are numbered, not named, so it will tell you by number which eyeshadow to use for the look you want to copy. 

As for the shadows themselves, I cannot rave enough about them! There are twelve COMPLETELY matte shades and they are ALL neutral colors that you can blend, contour and have fun with! The texture of these eyeshadows is right on par with high end eyeshadows. These are buttery and soft, not hard what-so-ever as some matte eyeshadows can be. That being said, just beware of slight fall out. I say slight, because they are not as extreme as some eyeshadows I have tested before. Make sure to tap your brush before application!

I have tried several eye looks using just this palette and they looked so pretty! Granted, yes, sometimes an all matte eye look can appear flat, so I have enjoyed using these shadows along with my shimmery ones as well. Needless to say this palette stays in my everyday makeup bag because it has every matte shade you can think of, from a soft white, reddish-brown, peach, grey and even a black! The matte black in here will not disappoint you, for it is highly pigmented, as are all of these shadows. There is not one dud among the twelve!

These where swatched on bare skin with no primer:


Row One: 1, 2, 3


Shadows 1, 2, 3

Shadow 1 swatches like a bright white, but it blends so beautifully. It looks stark on my olive toned skin, but would look perfect on fair skins as a matte highlight color.


Row Two: 4, 5, 6


Shadows 4, 5, 6


Row Four: 7, 8, 9


Shadows 7, 8, 9


Row Four: 10, 11, 12


Shadows 10, 11, 12

How can anyone find fault with the quality and pigmentation of this product? You will have every matte shade you could ever need or want. With out this palette I would be lacking many makeup possibilities, so I urge you to consider purchasing this palette over the new Urban Decay matte palette, because with Sonia Kashuk's palette, you get way more color options and product for way less money!

I hope you try this out and maybe you will fall in love with this palette, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment