Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Thoughts On Loreal Colour Caress Wet Shine Lip Stain

I have a confession to make...      I like hype. It lets me know what is going on in the world and what are on people's minds. It makes me want to like it too! So, when I had heard that Loreal came out with a new lip product, I was all over that! Not to mention the fact that people where comparing it to the lip stains from YSL, a very high end line that I have not ventured into myself as of yet. But, I had heard good things about the YSL lip stains and since YSL owns Loreal, I  figured this was as close as I would be getting to trying their lip stains but without the $32.00 price tag!

I got mine at Target for $7.99 in the color Infinite Fuchsia because I had heard that it is an exact dupe for one of the colors in the YSL line that I had adored in a beauty guru's YouTube video. 

For one, the packaging is gorgeous, it just looks glamorous. It is in a sleek golden tube and the color of the lip stain is visible around the top were the product comes out of.

As for the applicator, it is a bigger doe foot brush than normal, which is great for precision, but  just be careful when applying the stain. I can easily see how the big applicator could be a hinderance for getting out of the lines of your lips. Use caution when applying the dark colors especially.








This is what Loreal's website had to say about their new product:


"Lip stain power- Fresh color feels barely there
 Lipgloss shine- Lacquer shine and non-sticky feel
 Caring Color- 6HR continuous hydration"

They go to say that this product is a stain that thinks it is a gloss and that it is 30% water which contributes to the soft, comfortable and hydrated feel that this product will give your lips. 

When applied, this feels very wet and nice, not drying at all. It was a great feeling I could appreciate, especially since stains in the past dried out my lips like no other.



Infinite Fuchsia




Immediately after application


You can see the glossiness of the lip stain right after it is applied. Even though it is bright and glossy, I would not call this a full coverage formula because I found that when applying, it has a tendency to skip and show up patchy in some areas. That is not good for the dark colors because that patchy look shows up even more than a lighter shade would. Well, take a look at what it looks like ten minutes after application:



Ten minutes after application

It is a dramatic difference from just a few minutes before. This leaves you with a finish that looks like you had been sucking on a popsicle, which is a look some people like, but after wearing this for a couple of hours, it started to wear off in patches.

The initial pigmentation wears away and there is some transfer through out the day as you drink from your coffee cup and eat, but it does leave you with a more toned down color than when first applied. To me, that is not a plus, especially when it wears off splotchy.

After four hours of wear, this is what I was left with. Mind you, there was absolutely no reapplying in between eating and drinking. 


After four hours of wear

This stain did not even last as long as I would expect a stain to perform. As far as the comfort level of this formula it did not leave my lips feeling more hydrated than they were before I put this on. They felt the same, which is not a bad thing, especially since the majority of lip stains I have tried in the past have left my lips feeling as if the moisture got sucked out of them.

When wearing, it is not sticky, nor does it have a slick glossy feel. It is just there, which is a nice feeling, too, because it wears comfortably. 

Overall, this is not a outstanding product that I think someone has to have, nor will I be purchasing other colors from this line. You could say I am disappointed because I was expecting more from this lippie.

Needless to say, I have not met a stain yet that I have fallen in love with... Have you?


No comments:

Post a Comment