Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2013

My Confession: Nyx's Butt "Naked" Eyes Palette

I have a confession to make...          Palette's are a weakness of mine for several reasons. All the pretty eyeshadows grouped together just dazzle and overwhelm me in a beautiful way. The combinations are endless. Not to mention, you get more for your money at a reasonable price!

So, you know I have gritted my teeth and have not cracked and bought the Urban Decay Naked palettes, even though I am dying inside to purchase the original... Well, instead at a cheaper price, I bought NYX's Butt "Naked" Eyes palette that has been compared to Urban Decay's Naked Palette 2, the one with the cool eyeshadow shades. 

Already I know cool shades are not ones that I gravitate towards, but I thought for the price of the NYX palette, at least I could add them to my collection. I purchased mine on Hautelook.com when they where running their flash sale of NYX products. I cannot recall how much it was, but on nyx.com they sell this palette for $25.00, which is an awesome price anyways! 










For that price tag, you are getting fifteen eyeshadows that range from mattes to shimmers to frosts. Such a great variety! There is a matte black in the palette that is extremely pigmented for lining the eyes! All these are high in color payoff and there is enough shadows for different eye looks with perfect blending and highlight colors. The drawback to these pigmented shadows is that though they are soft in texture, they are very powdery, so beware of extreme fallout.

Yes, I have used the palette several times so the shadows are not perfect in the pictures!

Top row left to right

Middle row left to right


Bottom Row left to right

NYX is known for great blushes, and this palette does not fail you in this regard. You get four with a wide variety of color options. There is a tray that pulls out from beneath the eyeshadow palette and you get your blushes and your bronzer and illuminating cheek colors!







Lets start with the blush...

The first shade, going from left to right, is a peachy rose color that is full of glitter. Tapping your brush off before application won't help you avoid the glitter bomb. Yet, it is a pretty color!

The second color is a baby pink color that is soooo very beautiful! It comes of frosty, so maybe I would use this as a highlight? Anyways I cannot use this color on my darker skin tone (think olive toned skin) but it would look phenomenal on fair skinned ladies.

First two blushes right to left
To the right of the swatch is the blush blended out

The third shade looks intimidating, as it is a bright shocking pink, but I assure you, it is not as pigmented as you would think. Actually, this color blends out to a very subtle rose color. Not to mention, it is purely matte, which I love!



The last blush is another matte, a pretty peach shade, one that I gravitate towards out of all four!

Last two blushes right to left
To the right of the swatch is the blush blended out


On to the the bronzer...

I adore this bronzer because it does not lean orange whatsoever! I use this all the time because it is a beautiful soft subtle brown. Not deep nor dark, but just the right color to add that subtle depth. The texture os so soft and light, I love it! (Just a side note: I forgot to blend out the bronzer in the swatch picture, sorry!)

Accompanying the bronzer are two cheek illuminators in a golden color and a peachy color. Both of these apply soft to the cheeks and do give a sheen to the skin when blended out, but for my oily skin, I skip illuminators, for obvious reasons... Beware that there is slight glitter in these illuminators! It is wonderful that this comes with two color options so that different skin tones get better options.

Left to right: Bronzer
First illuminator (to the right of the swatch the illuminator is blended out)
Second illuminator (to the right of the swatch the illuminator is bended out)

As a side detail, the mirror in this palette rocks! Not only is it massive, but it is a true mirror, not wonky or misleading at all! 

So, this gives you most all of your face products for when you travel in a slender compact palette. I highly recommend this to you guys, especially if you love cool toned eyeshadows! You will fall in love with this! 

I confess, what I would love to see NYX do is come out with a palette just like this with warm toned eyeshadows! Until than, enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment