Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Maybelline Whisper Lipstick

I have a confession to make...      when I had heard that Maybelline had come out with a new line of lipsticks and that they where being compared to the Revlon Lip Butters, I was hesitant to try these. When Revlon first came out with the lip butters, I jumped on the band wagon and bought two to test out, just knowing I would love them because everyone else did...

Boy, was I wrong. I despised them to no end. They would dry out my lips and slide all over my teeth and outside of the contours of my lips. Needless to say, I threw mine away cause their was no way I could wear them.

Despite the comparisons, I picked up one of the new Maybelline Whisper lipsticks. Yes, just one, so if I did not love it, I wasn't out that much money. I picked mine up at Target for $5.99 in the color Berry Ready.

This is what Maybelline has to say regarding the Whisper lipsticks:


"Pure color pigment suspended in weightless gel.
  No heavy waxes or oils.
  Soft, sexy gel color."




The packaging is all right. Nothing special, although I do adore the way that they wrote "whisper" on the outside tube. Very pretty!

Yet, what I do like is that when you take off the top, the tube inside is sleek and slender. It puts off the vibes of being high end and luxurious, when you know how affordable it really is!



Now, before I applied it to my lips, I was not expecting to love this. So, I was shocked, and I repeat: SHOCKED, at how smooth and silky this just glided onto my lips. When I say glide, I mean it, because it felt slick like butter!

The shine and glossiness is beautiful. Despite it being so glossy, it did not rub off on my lips for the five hours that I was wearing it. To be honest, it stayed exactly were I applied it and did not budge. Pleasantly, I was surprised that this lipstick did not dry out my lips, but left them feeling moisturized and soft.

The color is a beautiful dark berry, perfect for fall. When on the lips it looks more dark and dramatic than in the swatch here. The high pigmentation of the product astounds me, because the Revlon Lip Butters I had reminded me more of a tinted balm because of the subtle color they offered. 




Thankfully, these come in twenty shades all together, from sheers to nudes to dark plums. Every color imaginable to please every taste out there. 

With the silky formula and outstanding pigmentation, this line of lipsticks may just be my new favorite line in the drugstores! The only thing I don't like is that I did not pick up more of these colors, which means another trip to the drugstore for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment