Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2013

N.Y.C. "Manhattan" Nail Polish

I have a confession to make...        I found a new nail polish love! It is winter and during this time of the year it is fashionable to wear the dark colors on our lips and nails, even though I must confess, I am a rule breaker! I was at Target the other day and I was perusing the makeup isles and my eye got drawn to the New York Color cosmetics section and I saw this beautiful nail polish that I just had to have!

It is in the color "Manhattan", my favorite city ever! I knew that I could not leave the store with out it. I polished my nails with this beauty and now I must say that I am impressed with the formulation. I had talked about another N.Y.C. nail polish awhile back in the color, "Park Avenue", a taupe-grey color, that I was raving about. I don't know why I did not pick up more polish from this line sooner!





It is a beautiful purple-red wine color that wears wonderfully and looks complimentary on every skin tone out there! The only thing I must say, is that this particular shade needs three coats of polish to reach full on opacity. I only did two coats and I can see how in some areas it is lighter than the rest of the nail. So, three coats should do you good, and it only takes a minute to set each coat!

I am picky when it comes to formulation, and this had me pleased still! Revlon polish has a tendency to bubble on my nails and I have no idea why. N.Y.C. did not bubble in the slightest! It claims to dry in 60 seconds after application and I tell you, they speak the truth! So, do not worry about smudging and smearing when wearing this! 







As far as the brush is concerned, it is small but it works great! I was able to apply the polish without having to worry about the brush itself being overly big for my nails. No sloppy application here!

I applied Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Ant-Chip Topcoat over the top and I think that is what helped prevent chipping for up to three days, so I am impressed!

I don't hear many people talking about this nail polish line so get the word out there! I found mine at Target for $1.99 and I plan to go back and buy a few more shades to add to my collection. When I do, I will make sure to share and swatch!

No comments:

Post a Comment