Search This Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigment In Forest Fatale

I have a confession to make...            I love pigments, because they are so, duh, pigmented! You get an explosion of intense color payoff, always worth the money we spend! When I heard Maybelline came out with their line of pigments, I knew I had to break down and try them.

I picked mine up at Walmart for less than six dollars in the color, Forest Fatale. After having looked at swatches online, this was the color that I was drawn to the most. 










What I do really appreciate about the packaging is that they include a sifter inside, and it is extremely sturdy so I have no worries that it will pop out and spill the product everywhere. What I do is shake the pigment into the lid of the jar and just enough comes out. I do not have to stress about a ton of product falling out and not being able to get it back under the sifter. 

On Maybelline's website they say that the product is double dipped pigments that create double color intensity for your most explosive eyes. Now, I must say, that this is very fine and soft to the touch. Even when it is worn wet it doesn't feel heavy or uncomfortable. It feels like I am not wearing anything on my lids. It's very silky!


Forest Fatale- Left: applied dry. Right: applied wet

The color is very pretty, and I do love the olive-golden color of this green. When it is applied dry it is a soft yet still vibrant color, but when you dip a wet brush into the pigment and apply it, the color is kicked up several intensity levels and applies metallic. This is a very beautiful color and looks pretty with brown eyes, although any eye color could pull this off!

Application with any pigment will warrant fallout, so just save your foundation routine for last and than with a makeup remover wipe, wipe away any loose pigments that fall onto your face before applying your foundation. 

As much as I like the color and enjoy this pigment, I am not overly impressed. It is just like any other pigment out there, and honestly, there weren't any truly unique shades that I just had to have. In my opinion, this is a product that I could easily pass on by because there is nothing special about it that makes it stand out from other pigments, such as the Loreal pressed pigments, which I adore so much more than this one. 

Maybelline has many standout products, but this just happens to not be one of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment