Search This Blog

Friday, July 19, 2013

Impression Confession: ELF Studio Matte Lip Color

I have a confession to make...          As a lip junkie, it was only natural and expected that I drifted towards the ELF lip pencils when I saw them at Walmart last week. Now, my local Walmart has only a teeny tiny swivel rack in the middle of the walkways beside the makeup isles. Very random... So, they had six color choices, but only three options left because the selections had been picked through.



I picked up mine in the color Tea Rose, which looked on the box like a very pretty rosy natural color that I could wear everyday and get a lot of use out of. In my mind it was $3.00 well spent! I could also tell from the color swatch at the top of the actual pencil that this color was going to be more on the cool side.



As far as how much product this contains, it contains 0.006 oz, which is not a whole lot of product. Compare that to Milani Lip Flash Lip Pencils and you get 0.10 oz for around $6.00, just three dollars and some change more. But, again, for $3.00, I guess you aren't paying for a whole lot of product.




































What I really appreciate about this pencil is that, unlike the jumbo lip pencils from Milani and Urban Decay and such, this is a slim pencil that is a twist top! About time we have a lippy that requires no sharpening! Another great feature is the secure top, because it clicks into place firmly and won't pop off nor slide off. I love that you don't have to worry about the top coming off on its own and the product getting all over! 

As far as the product itself, I have to mention that as far as application, this does tug at the lips, it does not glide smoothly on like the Milani jumbo lip pencils. Yet, it is highly pigmented and is easy to outline my lips with and just as easy to fill them in with color. 

Most matte lip products leave my lips feeling dry and uncomfortable, but this felt glossy and hydrating.  ELF's website said that their Matte Lip Color pencils contain vitamins A, C and E, which is what gives the product a moisturizing feel. 

Remember, this does not claim to be a long lasting lip product, so you will have to reapply. There was transfer through out the day, but it wore off minimally and gradually, not quickly, so it has decent staying power.  I liked how as it wore off it left a nice subtle color to my lips. 


Tea Rose




This looks glossy, but it is definitely matte in person!

My only gripe is my own fault... I picked the wrong color for my skin tone, and I should have known, because cool colors do not look pretty on me... It is a cool toned pink, very pretty on someone else, but it looks like concealer on my lips! UGH! 

Would I repurchase this product? For awhile I was uncertain, but this is such a cheap lip pencil and it is matte with a hydrating feel. There are other lip pencils out there that I prefer over the ELF matte lip pencil, but the finish between them is completely different. So, for a few bucks, I wouldn't mind trying one more in the beautiful red color I saw at Walmart. But, I won't rush out and buy every single color in this line.

Hopefully this helps you out next time you find yourself perusing the ELF Matte Lip Color pencils!


No comments:

Post a Comment