Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Impression Confession: What's Up With All The Hype? Jesse's Girl Nail Polish

I have a confession to make...           I never paid much attention to the Jesse's Girl brand as of late. It wasn't until Youtube beauty guru, JulieG started her own spinoff line within the same company that I was slightly curious. I already have my holy trial drugstore nail polish (Sally Hansen Xtreme), but I figured for $2.99 at Rite Aid that I would give this a try.

I purchased the color "JulieG", without even knowing the name, isn't that bizarre!?! I loved the bright peachy pink of this color and thought it was appropriate for summer and grabbed it! I also picked up another Wet n Wild Megalast nail polish in the color "Bite The Bullet", just to see how these two would compare. At Rite Aid they both where $2.99, a stellar deal. But, I was interested in knowing which one would outlast the other.



Jesse's Girl "JulieG"



Wet N Wild "Bite The Bullet"


"JulieG" is such a gorgeous pop of summer fun on the nails, a definite true peachy-pink! "Bite The Bullet" is a grey toned lavender, which I think is so very pretty, for summer and fall alike. 

I have done a review on the Wet n Wild Megalast nail polish in the color "Club Havana" so, go ahead and check it out. 



Small thin brush






Huge paddle brush


What I liked about the Jesse's Girl polish is that the brush is thin and small. Typically, this works best for me, as I am not the biggest fan of the huge brush that the Megalast polish comes with, but to each their own...

Jesse's Girl polish applied streaky, especially the first two coats. It definitely needs three coats to reach opacity, and than it looks very pretty!

Wet n Wild applied smoothly and evenly, reaching its full opacity with just two coats. Beautiful!







Close Up!

I topped my nails off with my favorite quick dry nail formula from Sally Hansen and decided to wait and see how this played out over the next few days. Which nail polish would stand the test of time?

Three days later, this was the result...



Three days later: My right hand, which is my dominant hand


As you can see from this picture, the Jesse's Girl nail polish was more prone to chipping, whereas the Wet n Wild Megalast nail polish held up very well! 

I must say that with the streaky application of the Jesse's Girl nail polish and the unimpressive wear, I am not a fan of this line and I will not repurchase any polish's from this particular line. 

YET, I am curious now about JulieG's nail polish line that she has through Jesse's Girl. They are a dollar more, making me wonder if the application is smoother and the wear time last better!

I hear another Impression Confession coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment