Search This Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Impression Confession: Wet n Wild's Megalast Liquid Lipstick

I have a confession to make...        Lippie's are a weakness of mine, and I have a basketful to prove it! When I was perusing Rite Aid earlier this week, I noticed a product from Wet n Wild that I had not tried before, so I thought I would pick one up. Originally, I picked up two but than thought better of it, just in case this wasn't my cup of tea. In my experience, Wet n Wild lip products can be a hit or a miss for me.

So, I purchased mine for $2.99 in the color Pocketful Of Roses. This is an extremely gorgeous rosy mauve shade with definite shimmer. I do like the packaging, with its curved handle. Even the wand itself is to my liking, being a flat spongey paddle brush applicator that makes application more precise. 










There is not a strong smell to this product, just a faint unidentifiable/indescribable muddled scent. Yet, once applied, it disappears into nothing, thankfully!

When it is first applied, it is beautiful and shimmery, so much so that I fell in love with this shade within seconds  of wearing it! The color complimented my skin tone so well, I was in love! It felt wet when applied, and very soothing on my lips, to my delight. But, than...


Such a beautiful shimmery gloss!

Fast forward to a minute later when the product began to set. 

I will give it credit for being extremely opaque in color, which is what I had been hoping for from this lipstick/gloss. But, after it had set on my lips, it began to feel very uncomfortable, as if my lips were wearing a mask. The product felt very drying and tight to the point where I was just itching to get it off. Yet, I persevered, not adding any balm to the top of the product so I could see how long lasting this formula really was. 

First application at 3:00p.m.

As the afternoon wore on and I went about my day, eating and drinking and so forth, I noticed how the shine of the product diminished completely and my lips took on a more flat finish. It was looking very chalky, accentuating every line and wrinkle in my lips, not to mention how it was feeling gummy and even more irksome to keep wearing.

A total of just over five hours is how long I wore this product with ZERO touch ups. I will let the following picture speak for itself:


After five hours of wear

(Yes, the lighting in the picture is different, the sun was setting, but lighting is not the point of the picture.)

As far as wear goes, it seemed to wear off patchy and gummy. It felt as if the product was thick around the inner rim of my mouth, causing the gummy sensation. You can even see chunks of the product that wore off and ONTO my lips. Not at all attractive!

Now, I really wanted to like this product, so much so that the next day I applied it and after it had set, I applied chapstick on top. Yet, the waxy balm only caused the product to transfer and wear off quickly. I was disappointed because the color is so pretty...

I do not like this whatsoever and am glad I did not buy the red one that I was eyeing. Even though it is a cheap product, I still hope for quality. Needless to say, this lipstick fell flat for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment