Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Just A Little Something To "Glow"!

I have a confession to make...        I am not one for laying out in the sun like I used to do when I was a teenager. Every summer it seemed as if my goal was to see how dark I could get, and I would lay out in the sun every chance that I got. I loved being dark!

Than, when I turned twenty-three, I realized how dangerous the sun really is to my skin and my body. Don't get me wrong, we NEED vitamin D, but, in the right way. So, I stopped soaking in the sun for hours on end long time ago. Now, I enjoy being in the sun with sunscreen to protection, and when I am laying outside, I lay in the shade.

What I do miss is the sun kissed glow the sun would give me, so I have tried several self-tanners through out the span of time it seems. Most of them turned me into an oompa-loompa, applied patchy, made me smell super funky, or all three...




Lately I have been hearing rave reviews about the Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer. So, I picked one up at WalMart about two months ago for less than $9.00, and I have been using it pretty regularly. I bought the +Firming Daily Moisturizer, and I can honestly tell you that I notice absolutely no difference in that area, nor did I expect to. It even claims to reduce the appearance of cellulite in as little as seven days... HA! I just thought I would give it a whirl and see if it lived up to that claim, but it was a fail!

Another thing that got me excited was that this claimed to have "great color without the odor!", but yes, it still stinks. Not as strong as some tanners I have tried in the past, but this does have a faint, yet noticeable self-tanner scent. Yet, it is not as bad as you might at first think, you just get a whiff of it every now and than when going about your day. It is something that is so subtle that it doesn't bother me.





This also says that the product applies streak-free and hassle-free, and that is something that I am glad to say is completely true! It comes out of the tube white and goes on the same color, and the product will develop within the next few days. I apply it just as I do my regular lotion, only applying it sparingly to my ankles, toes, knees and elbows. Other wise it will look patchy and obvious! I like to wait about five minutes or so until I feel the product is completely dry before I apply my clothes so that there is no color transfer. 





This is a gradual tanner, not an instant-BAM-your-tan! self-tanner, so don't expect to be a glowing goddess that very day. But, after the second application, the next day, I do notice my legs are darker. But, a word or warning: when I applied it every day for a week, I did notice that my legs had that fake-tan-orange color. So, I have learned to apply it everyday for four days to build the desired color I like and than from there I will only apply it maybe three days a week to keep up the tan.

Overall, I enjoy this product, and it is one of the better drugstore self-tanners that I have tried and liked. I would definitely recommend this because the application is so easy and the results are so natural (as long as you know when to stop!).

So, this is how I got my glow this summer, how about you!?

No comments:

Post a Comment