Search This Blog

Monday, July 15, 2013

Maybelline Color Whisper In Coral Ambition

I have a confession to make...         I adore the color coral, a nice peachy pink that reminds me of summertime and looks good with either pale or tanned skin. That's why I picked up the Maybelline Color Whisper in the color Coral Ambition. The name sounded promising as did the color of the packaging. I had already tried and reviewed the color Berry Ready (click the bold text for my review of the Whisper lipsticks) from the same line and loved the feel and consistency.








When I opened up the lipstick at home, I was in love with this color. I fell completely and totally head over feet in adoration for this. The color alone reminds me of a creamsicle popsicle and of fun in the sun.


Maybelline Whisper, Coral Ambition

The only bummer about this particular color is the sheerness of it. I had heard some people complaining about how sheer these Whisper's are, but I had no complaints because the darker Berry Ready shade is highly pigmented. Coral Ambition has no true color payoff. What you see in the tube is not what translates onto the lips.



This comes off as a sheer pale pink on the lips, with absolutely no coral tint whatsoever. The name of this product is completely misleading. I was a little disappointed, but you know what? The more I wear this color, and I have several times now, the more I do like it. It is easy application. It gives a subtle wash of color that is perfect for everyday wear. 

My only downfall with this product is that it is not the color of the product in the tube...

Yet, I keep it in my purse because it is still lovely! Misleading, but lovely none the less ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment