Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2014

Benefit's World Famous Neutrals Eyeshadow Kit

Hope you are having a wonderful day   so far, everybody! I thought it would be a great opportunity to share with you my thoughts on Benefit's World Famous Neutrals eyeshadow kit. I received this from my cousin as a gift a few weeks ago and have been playing around with it since then. 




I think that the packaging is just adorable! It looks just like a mini-sized book and fits in my hand. This isn't slim by any means, rather it is bulky. Yet, I think because of how small it really truly is, it is portable and lightweight enough to slip into your purse or travel with.




The back of the box this kit comes in shows you all of the colors that are inside. So pretty!





The mirror is a practical sized mirror easy to use along with the eyeshadows in this kit. On the other hand, the instructions that come tacked to either side of the mirror are floppy and more of a hinderance than anything. Thankfully, they are made to rip off, so that is what I have done to make it all easier.

At first, it was near impossible to keep the lid on this kit open, and I found that highly irritating when using these shadows. I had to bend the lid far back in order to get it to stay up so I wouldn't continuously have to keep reopening it during application. 

I do appreciate that the lid has a magnetic closure, so if you do take this with you traveling there is no way that this will flop open to ruin your powdered shadows. 




Left to right: Call My Bluff, Kiss Me I'm Tipsy
It's Complicated, Gilt-y Pleasure

The eyeshadows are beautiful and extremely neutral, hence the name of this kit! They are soft and buttery, making them very pigmented. These are eyeshadows that you would use on an everyday basis for a pretty natural look.

Call My Bluff is a totally matte off white color, great for the brow bone and blending.

Kiss Me I'm Tipsy is a beautiful dark brown with golden shimmer.

It's Complicated is a pretty peach satin that is wonderful for a bright eye.

Gilt-y Pleasure is my favorite of the bunch, because it is a satin golden brown, perfect for a wash of color on the lids.


Also included are two cream eyeshadows. They claim that these are creaseless, but I will tell you that I have very oily eyelids, and I have tested these out two different ways. The first time I wore these alone and they creased horribly on me. The second time I wore them over Urban Decay's Primer Potion and they held up through out the day crease-free. 

The texture on these is amazing and surprising. I thought that they would feel like a MAC paint pot, but no, these have a very soft, almost mouse-like texture. These blend out like a dream!

Birthday Suit


My Two Cents

Left to Right: My Two Cents and Birthday Suit
Unfortunately, I do not love these cream eyeshadows, and not just because they crease on my eyelids. I expected more pigmentation and vibrancy from these, and when applied on my lids, they are more sheer than I expected. I was very disappointed… They are pretty colors and great to use as a base for eyeshadows, but on their own, they are not stand-outs. 

My Two Cents is a light copper color, and as far as I can tell, no glitter nor shimmer. 

Birthday Suit is a champagne with subtle sparkles. 

For the person trying out eyeshadow, for the young girls out there who want a wash of color, and even for us adults who love a natural look, this is an excellent kit. This is something that will get a lot of wear through out time, because it is so basic and beautiful for everyday life!

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment