Search This Blog

Monday, January 6, 2014

The Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil In Honey Gold

So, do ya want a little bit of shimma shimma   in your day? Well, I am here to let you know what my thoughts are on The Body Shop's Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil. I picked this up last month when they were having one of their 40% off sales. This retails for $22.00 for 3.3 fl oz and I picked mine up for around $13.00 in the color Honey Gold. 




This is a very beautiful golden color, hence the name, Honey Gold. This comes in one other color, Honey Kissed, which is a darker bronzed color. 

What really grabbed me is the scent of this oil! Now, when I think of honey I think of something sweet, but this scent, is not a candy-sweet scent. It is hard to describe, but it smells like a touch of honey, but mostly a floral scent overwhelms me, like a field of flowers on a very warm summer day. Yet, while it is floral, in no way does this smell like grandma's floral perfumes, I promise!

When applied, the scent is very strong, but as the day proceeds, the smell gets more subtle and faint. It lingers slightly on the skin and is still noticeable, so the staying power of the scent is phenomenal! 




As you can see from the picture above the oil rises to the top when it sits untouched.




And this is what the product looks like when it is shaken up and the oil mixes with the shimmer! Pretty, huh?




 I appreciate that this comes in a glass bottle, and the tube that the product comes out of is also glass, not plastic. I find that the top lets out just the right amount of product. I imagine if this came with an opened top the liquid would run out of the opening uncontrollably. This way, you get the right amount and nothing is wasted.

The Body Shop claims that this oil looks natural and sheer, leaving a honey bronze glow. It claims that the shimmer will enhance your tan, leaving a non-greasy feel. 

"Get your skin an even bronzed look with a hint of shimmer with a lightweight body oil."








In the bottom swatch I did not sheer it out completely, because I wanted you to see how shiny it is and how much it glows. This shows the shimmer in the liquid much better than if I had rubbed the oil into the skin completely. When I rub it completely into my skin I find that the gold disappears on my skin tone and it leaves behind the shimmers on the skin in a subtle way, leaving it to be more noticeable in the light than indoors.

Now, while I agree that this leaves a natural and sheer glow to the skin, I will say that this does not bronze your skin. I think that if you already have a tan, what will really make your tan glow is the shimmer in the product. 

And remember that a little goes a very long way!

This leaves your skin feeling extremely soft, much more soft and moisturized than your typical moisturizing lotion, and I love it! Not to mention that it leaves you smelling amazing!

Now, there is a warning on their website that you need to avoid contact with fabric when wearing this. I did not notice any transfer, but to be on the safe side, I would keep this to exposed skin only so you do not damage your clothing.

Would I repurchase this product? Probably not, because while I find that this is something that I would use on a special occasion when I wanted to dress up and enhance certain areas, this is not a must-have product. I can easily live without this and be perfectly happy. 

And just remember, not everybody loves the same smells, so be sure to check it out in person before you purchase! 

Happy day to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment