Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Whatever Wednesday: Scented Wax Cubes ("Fresh Pulled Taffy", "Honey Bourbon Frosting" And "Lemongrass Mint"

I have an obsessive need for my house to smell yummy. Yes, I said, "Yummy"! I don't want just a small corner of my house to smell yummy, but I want the whole floor of my house to smell amazing. I have found that what gets the job done is the wax warmers and the endless array of wax cubes that are available for such a bargain of a price!

A few years ago I did a review of my first ever wax warmer I had purchased (which I still have and is in my bedroom!).  Read the review here where you can read my thoughts in these things in more detail than this post.





I got this one at Costco a few years back and love how pretty it is!





"Fresh Pulled Taffy" melting in my wax warmer!




A few years later I still feel the same way about my wax warmer and I even purchased another one from Costco possibly a year or two ago. It came with a few packs of its own wax warming cubes which where not good quality. The scent throw was minimal and the cubes did not last long past three uses.

With that said, I want to share with you some of my recent favorite wax warming purchases from Walmart that I picked up recently! Whats wonderful, is that each of these are $2.99!











I tend to gravitate towards the sweet and bakery scents, because I personally find that they are more inviting and homey. When I smell cupcakes in the air, I just want to cuddle up on the couch with a blanket and a good book and hunker dow for the evening. I know, cupcakes invoke a weird feeling inside of me, but I just cannot help it! I love it!

The one that is sitting in my wax warmer right now is from Better Homes And Gardens called, "Fresh Pulled Taffy" and it reminds me exactly of taffy! (There is no description on the packaging) It is so interesting exactly how they managed to pull of that specific scent. When I smell it, it smells exactly like sugary sugar. Try this out, it smells YUMMY! Plus, this scent is Limited Edition, so get some while you can. I NEED to pick up a few more before they are all gone!

"Honey Bourbon Frosting" from ScentSationals is a true bakery scent, so you know I love this! They describe this as smelling like butter, sugar and a touch of bourbon. I can definitely smell a hint of honey along with vanilla cake. When smelling the wax cubes in the packaging, you can definitely pick up that honey smell! YUM!

One that I wouldn't normally gravitate to, but picked up to smell out of sheer curiosity (thankfully!) and fell in love with, is "Lemongrass Mint" also from ScentSationals. They describe this as a soothing combination. When I smell this, I don't really smell the mint because there is a sweetness to this that overpowers any mint that this has. There is a slight lemon smell, but not overwhelming at all. I would describe this best as a sweet lemon scent. I love lemon desserts, so a sugary lemon scent is my cup of tea!






Better Homes And Gardens "Fresh Pulled Taffy" Wax Warming Cubes
Limited Edition!













I just love how after some manipulating,  these cubes pop out of the package! After melting a cube and enjoying its scent, you can pour it back in its plastic package where it will harden again. You can use it again at another time and it will last for a few uses and the scent will hang on strong during those next few uses!

Check out your local Walmart, because they have a huge selection to chose from that will please everyones specific taste!



Have A Wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment